Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • floorstanders, any thoughts?
  • MrSmith
    Free Member

floorstanders at that price are never going to be that refined.
    personally a good standmount would be my choice. (currently using PMC tb2’s that if i’m honest are too big for the room and would be better off with the DB1)

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

You’re right about Mordaunt Short and Richer Sounds, M/ Short are Richer Sounds in house speaker manufacturer and brand, Cambridge Audio being their in house electronics brand. If you ignore the brand snob/price nazis,it’s terrific kit for the money

Mordaun short 906 from your description, three drivers arranged vertically? I’ve got a pair on my second system,and yup, they’re pretty engaging,I like ’em lots.

It’s worth making sure you use the spikes to isolate the cabinets from the floor. I’ve filled the lower box in mine with playpit sand as well. Really damps cabinet resonance and tightens up the bass and stops the kids knocking them over.

threeek
    Free Member

They’re all good speakers you’re looking at, don’t think you can wrong there.

If you can convince your dealer to let you try some in your own room to make sure they integrate well with its acoustics that would be a very good thing.

Have fun auditioning speakers – what a horrible task 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    oldgrump08
    Free Member

If you can track down Ruark stand mount speakers they’re worth a listen. I listened to similar priced floor standers and thought they sounded a bit bland compared to good speakers on very good stands.

Edukator
    Free Member

Having listened to some Monitor audio Bronze BX2 I was stuck with buying them or paying more than double for the next ones that sounded better to my ears – another set from Monitor as it happened. I made my own stands.

neilnevill
    Free Member

After a listen to some KEF IQ500s, some wharfedale Diamond 10.2s (the bookshelfers) and thw avianos…..the avianos arenow on 48 hour run in in my lounge 😀

Thanks all for the tips and help.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘floorstanders, any thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.