Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Float -> F-Series Whats the difference?
  • theroadwarrior
    Free Member

So I have a trek with F-Series 120RL Fox forks, what is the difference between the f-series and the Floats? Is the F-Series simply the OEM fork and the float aftermarket?
    Are there any actual differences between the two forks?

LoCo
    Free Member

F series, generally have a lighter chassis

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

F series are more badass.. 8)

glenh
    Free Member

F-series is better, by 0.7.

lovewookie

New ones look like the float just named F. Old ones were different as the F’s had a lighter build and terralogic, whereas floats just had normal damping control and blowoff(if you had RLC)

bigyinn
    Free Member

I don’t think Terralogic was specifically an F thing. It was more to do with lighter weight pared down lowers and crowns compared to Float32’s IIRC.

mk1fan
    Free Member

The F is for female. You’ve got lady forks.

lovewookie

You’re probably right for the 32’s, I was thinking about the older than that ones pre ’32’ label. Come to think of it, it probably wasn’t even called terralogic then either, but I do recall one of the differences in the Fxx ones was that they had some sort of inertia valve thingamy as that was the reason I avoided them.

mk1fan
    Free Member

No, they’re definately the lady version.

Like the F-Series Canyonero.

nmdbase
    Free Member

F is for **** quicker…..because they are Fox

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

if your normal Floats, if fat 36’s and a complete heffer 40’s? 😉
    if you don’t weigh much F’s.

khani
    Free Member

The way to tell visually is F series have a hollow brace, floats have a webbed brace

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Terralogic forks had an X at the end of the name.

kevin1911

The boring answer, as far as I am aware…

They are generally the same, but the f series is for the shorter travel versions and will have a bit more material machined off around the crown etc.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I thought terralogic were RLT??

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

So essentially the F-Series has a plain brace and the float has a webbed brace meaning the float is heavier- but I guess a little stiffer.

Even Fox’s tech website seems confused, I have 120mm travel F-Series forks but these aren’t mentioned; just the F-100 or the Float 120.

I’d like to get a guide on changing the oil and cleaning the dust wipers and while I guess it’s the same between floats and f-series it’d be nice to be sure! (I’ve seen the MOJO video, which was helpful)

uplink
    Free Member

So essentially the F-Series has a plain brace and the float has a webbed brace

Not the case, sorry

My F29s have a webbed brace

Mike
    Free Member

Travel specific dampers IIRC in the F-Series so not possible to change/space travel. That along with the lowers is the only difference I’m aware of?

bigyinn
    Free Member

theroadwarrior, the internals are pretty much the same for F series and Float 32s. If you follow the servicing instructions for float 32 forks you’ll be absolutely fine I promise!

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

How does such an interminably prosaic thread like this keep spluttering on?

For 3 days now…

If I ask something it usually disappears off the front page in less than 5 minutes

😐

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

How does such an interminably prosaic thread like this keep spluttering on?

For 3 days now…

If I ask something it usually disappears off the front page in less than 5 minutes

…perhaps it’s the language you use?

😀

bigyinn
    Free Member

Oddly enough my Hayes brake question has elicted 1 tentative answer since sunday.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Float -> F-Series Whats the difference?’ is closed to new replies.