Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Float 32s – Oil getting into air chamber, will I die?
  • reformedfatty
    Free Member

Morning all. Preparing my rocket for a weeks riding in north wales, probably pushing my boundaries, I discovered that it was getting a mighty 63mm travel on the 150mm float 32 rl up front, with a mix of browny green fluid in the air chamber. I emptied this stuff out through the air valve until it was getting full travel again and then repressurised the fork.

I’ve ordered the bits to fix it (I hope), at worst I’ll be able to get the top cap off and replace the float fluid and the fluid in the lowers. Am I going to die if I ride it for a week with the oil potentially mixing?

bigyinn
    Free Member

It wont do any harm as the spring side doesn’t have any damping gubbins in it. Any oil in the left hand left is for lubrication purposes only. There should be about 5ml of blue float fluid in the air chamber.
    There was an issue with later 32s where you had oil migration from the lowers due to a foam ring on the pushrod drawing oil from the lowers into the air chamber. I think the solution was to take the foam ring off the pushrod so that there is only the rubber seal on the pushrod.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Float 32s – Oil getting into air chamber, will I die?’ is closed to new replies.