Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • flippin summer!
  • rOcKeTdOg

just been out after this mornings rain and hit the trails at summer speed when they are clearly now autumn flavour, it’s pretty rooty here and even though the ground is relatively hard still there’s now a greasy layer on top which, combined with damp roots is lethal, local trails that last week were familiar and fast are now almost alien, usually in the summer you keep the wet riding skills because we don’t have one, now I’ve got to re learn everything. it was still fun though, even if i did end up on the deck caught out by roots i’ve ridden a 1000 times before without incident

FOG

And you’ll have to clean it! After a few months of giving the bikes a desultory wipe and a chain oil, I am going to have to give them a proper clean every time I go out.

Cheezpleez

Good innit. I love unfamiliar familiar trails. Thank goodness we don’t have to put up with year-round dust like some poor souls in that abroad place.

rOcKeTdOg

Aye imagine not getting a mud tan & instead choking on dust

* thousand yard stare*

GolfChick
    Free Member

yep headed to forest other day expecting it to be same as usual and realised actually it had rained and carried on raining for whole ride. Was a very slow arduous ride dodgy everything that in the dry is invisible… luckily by the next ride out I’d hit an inner zen like peace and actually enjoyed it equally as much as summer riding!

gordimhor

Agreed have slipped slithered skited and slid on leaves rocks roots and mud this week….somehow avoided separation from the bike though it’s great isn’t it 😀

jonnyrobertson

Flippin summer indeed. It’s been a belter and I’ve hardly ridden (a couple of “test the foot” road rides) or run at all since early March due to chronic metatarsalgia. Still, at least it allowed for plenty of quality beer garden time.

Gilles

Agreed. My night ride was challenging with my worn out summer tyres.

rOcKeTdOg

back out today, hoping to stay upright!

rOcKeTdOg
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘flippin summer!’ is closed to new replies.