Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Flippin’ jobsworth
  • cinnamon_girl

And she’s off … the recycling bin is for recycling and that includes paper, right?  Er no.  The pile of scrunched up packaging type paper and scrunched up newspaper was left behind in the bin.

Bin monitoring.  Go figure.

So it’s in the refuse bin now.

Roll on next week.

jekkyl

are you the jobsworth or the recycling criminal? it’s not clear.

Esme
    Free Member

Maybe you should have ironed it first?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I put all my paper & light card in the recycle bag but would I even dare put a corrugated cardboard pizza base in there? Not on my life! (well I do, but I tear it into titchy little bits 1st)
    Same with those silly Tassimo discs, I even cut the foil tops off & empty the grounds out but the dopey bin men still leave half of them behind.

*rolls eyes* (Well I would if I had any **** emojis)

CountZero

On behalf of essel 🙄

😉

jambourgie
    Free Member

I burn all my paper, plastic and card in an incinerator in the yard. I use my old engine-oil as an accelerent. Two birds with one stone! Much more efficient than sorting it all into separate bins etc.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks for giving me a larf!  Haven’t a clue what I’ve done wrong, bin wasn’t overflowing like everyone else’s in the street.  My waging war on plastic means less to recycle anyway.

shermer75
    Free Member

Like Linda Ronstadt and Aaron Neville said: I don’t know much, but I know that some types of paper can’t be recycled. Ah thankew.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

I just throw it over the back fence

chakaping
    Free Member

Can you pop it in a neighbour’s bin instead?

tjagain

Round here we have communal bins.  One for paper, One for packaging. One for Glass, one for compostable, one for the rest

Paper cannot go in the packaging bin surprisingly  so you need to check is yours for packaging or paper?  The two are not the same

wrightyson
    Free Member

I might have got a bin man sacked due to similar and other militant ****tish behaviour….

CountZero

My big recycling bin is for card and plastic bottles only.
    I stick all sorts of card in, except for plastic coated, and pretty much any kind of plastic that has a recycling logo on it.
    So far nobody’s bitched about it, so the current regime must be pretty relaxed about my Laissez-faire attitude to recycling hygiene. 😬

tjagain

count zero – thats what you are supposed to do.  NO issue.  It putting paper in the packaging recycling that is not allowed – I don’t know why

FuzzyWuzzy

We have a separate bag for paper (on top of the one for cardboard), in which you can’t put envelope windows and shredded paper should be wrapped in newspaper. I’m wondering how long it will be before we get separate bags for each colour of plastic…

breadcrumb

We have a paper/cardboard bin for erm paper and cardboard. A purple bag for plastic and metal. General waste bin and a garden waste bin.

Never been flagged by our bin men/women/persons for any errors.

Rich_s
    swamp_boy

I’ve been told that wood from shops (clean offcuts no nails or paint) has to go in the black bin, Only wood from trees is allowed in the green bin

breadcrumb

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px;”>I’ve been told that wood from shops (clean offcuts no nails or paint) has to go in the wood burner, wood from trees is allowed in the wood burner too</span>

FTFY

molgrips
    Free Member

So wait – the recycling facility can only handle some kinds of paper, and you’re complaining at the person who has to enforce that otherwise it ruins the recycling?  How is this jobsworthiness?  Seems entirely practical to me.

Dickyboy

Here – everything – glass, plastic, paper, cardboard, tins all go into the one recycling bin – maybe that’s why our council tax is 3x that of Westminsters 😠

deadkenny
    Free Member

Everything vaguely recyclable goes in our recycle bin, however I suspect it goes onto a boat to China and most of it ends in the sea or landfill anyway.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I have 9 wheelie bins in my garden.

I also have a complicated chart on the fridge to keep track of the random sequence of when they’re each  supposed to be uplifted roughly every 3 weeks….. assuming it’s not snowing or a bank holiday or other random reasons for ignoring the sequence which are sometimes posted on Twitter.

I’ve lost the will to live.

When I finally expire, i’ve left explicit instructions that my mortal remains are to be placed in the Brown bin on the 3rd Saturday of the following month.

My teeth and fingernails are to be removed and put in the Grey bin.

My spectacles are to go in the green bin and my bikes will need a special uplift to the recycling centre assuming that they haven’t closed the gates and pissed off home early at 1:30 on a Saturday afternoon because the skips are full.

cinnamon_girl

Checked the Council’s website about what can and can’t be put in the green bin.  Nothing about packaging paper cum thick tissue paper which had been used to wrap china.  Amongst it was also scrunched up newspaper which had also been used for wrapping china.

I honestly don’t know why they’ve done this and if I’ve done anything wrong.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Nothing about packaging paper cum thick tissue paper

Eeewww!   Dirty girl.

You should get a beaker.

tjagain

What council area Cinnamon girl?  As I said usually paper is not allowed in the packaging recycling bin.  I don’t know why but that is the case.

sneakyg4
    Free Member

I just bin everything in the standard bin. then later on er’ indoors sees this and cant leave it so ends up sorting it all out.

Sod washing tins.

ninfan
    Free Member

This thread appears to once again reinforce my longstanding election manifesto idea of turning majesty’s prisons into domestic waste recycling sorting centres

Dickyboy

Sod washing tins.

The stench of a recycling centre is bad enough without adding to it by not rinsing out bottles and cans.

chvck
    Free Member

The stench of a recycling centre is bad enough without adding to it by not rinsing out bottles and cans.

Not certain of this but I think some places consider that to be soiled and will chuck the whole bag of stuff if they notice any soiled items in there.

joshvegas
    Free Member

You get clean murfs and dirty murfs.

Cleaning is good for a start it doesn’t stink when you forget to put the bin out AGAIN.

It depends on the council and what happens to the waste. If they have a <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>buyer</span> for real (non recycled mush paper) they’ll want to not get it rejected.  And they probably have to pay to dispose of the packaging paper.

It’s all really complicated and varies by council and what facilities they own or have to pay someone to deliver thousands of tonnes of waste to.

And chucking it in the bin is not helping anyone it’s bloody expensive to put something in the landfill.

In short. Do what they ask it’s the most likely to Be

A. Recycled

B. Cost the least*

And not recycling stuff because you can’t be arsed sorting it just makes you a lazy **** **** ****

* On the setup they have. There may be a better way but that’s a different discussion.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Flippin’ jobsworth’ is closed to new replies.