Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Flip Flops – whats nice?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Been wearing flip flops for a month now and love them, what are nice ones to replace these cheapies with? Must have a fabric bit between the toes!!

Havianas are £12 in cotswold outdoor at the minute btw

alfabus
    Free Member

reef.. fabric strap and very durable – i was staring at mine on sunday trying to work out how long i’ve had them. Pretty sure I bought them in 2001.

Dave

edit: this is the closest I can find to my ones: http://www.surfdome.com/reef_flip_flops_-_reef_smoothy_flip_flops_-_brown-76574

spawnofyorkshire

the north face base camp ones are amazingly comfy, worth a couple of extra quid and seem to last a lot longer than most

[/url]

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kimbers

north face ones, super comy, last for ages

Vern0n
    Free Member

quiksilver, nice n comfy, make sure u get ones with fabric strap / in between toe thingie

quiksilver

supersaiyan
    Free Member

Reef Mick Fannings with bottle opener underneath. Practical and comfy, but ludicrously expensive if you don’t get an internet deal.

nedrapier

Never quite been sure about the bottom of shoe bottle opener. Nice to have an openiner with you, but how many steps have you taken through streets, fields, beaches, footpaths, residues of vomit, dog poo, tramp/drunkards wee, horse/sheep/rabbit poo etc?

nedrapier

got 3 pairs on the go – north face waffly ones – very comfy, bit big, might trim down the heel so it doesn’t scuff so much.

Reef rubber with fabric thong – trusty favourites, getting worn and a bit sticky where the 1st layer has worn off the top. Great for £5 8 years ago theough (flood damaged sale at little pink shop)

and my dress flopflops – brown leather-top oxbows with fabric thong. very comfy, ad the leather feels really nice, think they’ll wear in and get comfier and comfier.

jamesr
    Free Member

I’ve got some Crocs ones I’ve worn a hell of a lot over the last two summers that are still going strong.
    Soles are a bit more ‘anatomic’ than some, so super comfy and very durable.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Second Crocs.

Good thing about them is you can wear them in the sea, to/from/in the shower when camping etc. and they don’t absorb any water so no squelching and no soggy straps for a couple of hours after the rest of you is bone dry.

nicko74

I may not have as much self-respect as I once did; I may walk around town with my trousers encrusted, and hanging half off my backside, clutching them with one hand as I trudge along, waving at the passersby with my other hand, 3-week old stubble and 3-day old food lining the haggard bag that is my face, but

Second Crocs.

NO

jamesr
    Free Member

Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t realise this was a ‘form over function’ thread.
    Crocs are sh*t, buy some Prada ones.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

I may not have as much self-respect as I once did; I may walk around town with my trousers encrusted, and hanging half off my backside, clutching them with one hand as I trudge along, waving at the passersby with my other hand, 3-week old stubble and 3-day old food lining the haggard bag that is my face, but

NO

OK – just so we’re clear – I’m not talking about those hideous clog type crocs here (and I’ve no idea whether jamesr was referring to those)… I’m talking about crocs flip flops… no more or less aesthetically pleasing than any other type of flip flops.

Pook

reef’s.

I bought mine in oz, recommended by a surfer.

nicko74

Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t realise this was a ‘form over function’ thread.
    Crocs are sh*t, buy some Prada ones.

🙂

OK – just so we’re clear – I’m not talking about those hideous clog type crocs here (and I’ve no idea whether jamesr was referring to those)… I’m talking about crocs flip flops… no more or less aesthetically pleasing than any other type of flip flops.

Fair enough; I’ve seen some in a Crocs shop window actually, and they didn’t look quite as awful as the shoe-type ones…

Haze

I have the Reef Fannings, they’re relegated to pool side duties.

These are my new favourites, only really wear them when it gets plenty hot though.

So mostly when I’m on holiday.

jamesr
    Free Member

Definitely flip flops on my feet…

bigblackshed

Reef smoothies as beach / pool / garden / everywhere.

Leather Sanuks as “nice dressed up” summer “shoes”. Even worn them to a wedding.

Both are 12 years old. Bought at the same time, same place.

Crocs are for middle aged campers. Even worse when the owner puts those “badges” on them. Grrrrrrr.

duntmatter
    Free Member

😛

nicko74

Never quite been sure about the bottom of shoe bottle opener. Nice to have an openiner with you, but how many steps have you taken through streets, fields, beaches, footpaths, residues of vomit, dog poo, tramp/drunkards wee, horse/sheep/rabbit poo etc?

Good point this. Can anyone who has a bottle opener in their flipflops comment?

Haze

Never had anything caught in mine, never used it for opening bottles either.

But I suppose if someone hangs around drinking down the park then they might be able to offer an insight…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Reef have a jolly nice calendar.

RustyMac

My reef’s are teh comfiest flip flops i have ever owned, will deifinately be buying some more when these are done.

busydog
    Free Member

I’m talking about crocs flip flops

I swore I’d never let Crocs touch my feet, but Mrs. Busydog bought me a pair of their flip flops online and I have to admint they are quite comfortable and seem to wear well.

I have had Reef flip flops for many years and always liked them–comfortable and last a long time.

sam69
    Free Member

crocs every day if the week awesome got 3 pairs love them do everything in them ,great shoe what size are you,i will post you a pair to were for a week see what you think

rob-jackson
    Free Member

clog crocs are for fat people

mogrim

The Reefs I’ve got are crap, nicely made but awful to wear: the insoles are too smooth. Get some with rubber/plastic insoles, otherwise you just slip out of them when you walk.

supersaiyan
    Free Member

I don’t hang round in parks much, and I have avoid stepping in dog toffee in my Fannings so far. But they have come in useful on numerous occasions and they seem to impress the odd person who has never seen a pair in action before. It’s also less seedy taking a flipflop off to open a lady’s bottle at a party than undoing your belt-with-bottle-opener-on-the-back rapidly and having to explain you’re trying to help.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Reef Mick Fannings with bottle opener underneath. Practical and comfy, but ludicrously expensive if you don’t get an internet deal.

I’ve been quite disappointed with the longevity of mine as they’re falling to bits after 6 months use (I do wear them almost every day though).

nicko74

Good insight, thanks supersaiyan.
    As for this, though

It’s also less seedy taking a flipflop off to open a lady’s bottle at a party than undoing your belt-with-bottle-opener-on-the-back rapidly and having to explain you’re trying to help.

…are you sure it’s not because your trousers are falling down in the process?

elzorillo
    Free Member

Always have reef myself (personal fav being the bonzer leather). although no flipflops last me more than 6 months. I must expect too much out of them as I always end up ripping the bit that goes between the toe out !!

turboferret

I don’t get on with flip flops with a rubber upper (the bit your foot sits on) but really liked my Reefs which had a leather upper, until I wore them out wearing them every day in Brazil.

Replaced them with some Oakleys, which were absolutely fantastic, real proper sole almost like a trainer, so great foot support and a suede upper. Was gutted when in a rush I left them under my car not in it arriving late at a roadie ride in Dubai and someone nicked them 🙁

Just replaced them with another pair of Reefs, as I can’t find the Oakleys which I liked at the moment.

Cheers, Rich

RoterStern
    Free Member

I’ve just bought meself some Reefs after the cheapish Quicksilvers I had disintegrated while on holiday. My kids loved the idea of a bottle opener in the soles and TBH I was also a little apprehensive of using them after walking through god knows what. I have since experimented with them on my Father-in-law opening his beer bottles and until now he hasn’t keeled over with anything 🙂

Only problem with the Reef ones I had was that initially they rubbed and I had a few nasty blisters over the front of the foot but now everything is hunky dory.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I think there’s a lovely asymmetrical symmetry about this NAND gated time delay flip flop

Coat, please

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Reef Fannings every time

DezB
    Free Member

Blimey another flip-flops thread. this place is weird.

nicko74

Blimey another flip-flops thread

2 weeks before the end of summer.

Good shout on the Fannings though, have instructed the OH to get me some, as Havaianas don’t give me enough arch support.

(sure I left the world’s smallest violin around here somewhere, can’t see it now)

lapierrelady

These

http://www.teva.co.uk/mens-mush-II-comfortable-beach-flip-flops-uk/4168,en_GB,pd.html?dwvar_4168_color=PXTC&start=4&cgid=men-sandals-flip-flops

Had the ladies version for 5 years and still wearing well. Also, the customer service is really very good.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Put some shoes on you **** hippys.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Flip Flops – whats nice?’ is closed to new replies.