Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Flintstone Feet – WFH?
  • franksinatra

Has anyone else noticed their feet growing through working from home? Apparently it is a thing, not wearing shoes is making our feet just collapse and get bigger. I always used to be be a reliable size 10. Now up to 11 and just got new trainers delivered today that are too snug at 11. So potentially I’ve gone up 1.5 sizes!

kelron
    Free Member

Nope, maybe you need to go outside more 🙂

funkmasterp

Nope, but then again I rarely wear any footwear when not at work. Your feet aren’t collapsing, probably just returning to a more natural shape from not being confined in shoes all the time. Mine are wider due to the toes splaying from going barefoot and wearing minimalist shoes for the last fifteen years or so. Not sure how they would grow though 🤔

csb

I’ve gone up a size. Thought it was nearing 50 but happy to be told I’m a victim of wfh.

andrewh
    Free Member

I’ve gone up a size. Thought it was nearing 50

50 shoe sizes?! Can clowns work from home?

Rubber_Buccaneer

No, but I never wore heels to work anyway.

ernielynch

Your feet aren’t collapsing, probably just returning to a more natural shape from not being confined in shoes all the time.

Precisely. People who have never worn shoes in their life have significant gaps between their toes.

Eventually feet will to some degree recover from years of unnatural restraint and spread more naturally. I’ve certainly experienced it when some years ago I switched to healthier footwear.

boombang
    Free Member

Thank heavens it isn’t just me!

Up one size and one width.

From 2020 only my wellies still fit, every other pair of shoes has been outgrown and found a new home.

I am struggling with running shoes feeling ok when put on to uncomfortably tight after a couple of miles.

footflaps

I kept my feet tightly bound throughout lock down to avoid having to buy new shoes….

jamiemcf

Conversely my feet have got smaller, I no longer need to wear longer shoes to get the width my feet require. I’ve gone from a 10-12 to a 9.5 and now I’m kicking around in Lems, vivos and altras.

FB-ATB

Come in handy when we have to propel our cars like Fred due to the fuel price!

piemonster

Nope

TiRed

Mine have shrunk a size. Now an 8. In reality they are 271mm long and narrow according to the Birkenstock foot scale. They were always narrow but I’m divesting the size 9’s to son1.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I wish, I have tiny feet.

i’m only 5’8″ but i’m barely a 7 😀

didnthurt

I’m sure I’ve read at least one other thread on here along the same lines.

Feet can also spread with age, I used to be a size 8 but am now a 9 to 9 1/2 in some makes.

petrieboy

Up from a 9 to a 10 here I expect because I’ve not worn smart shoes in 2 years

Cougar

Huh. Is that why my climbing shoes suddenly hurt?

onehundredthidiot

My running shoes are now 6.5 paying tax on shoes. Bloody Brexit.

🙂 in all my adult life I’ve been nearer a 6 than but in reality probably a 6 1/4.

barrysh1tpeas
    Free Member

I switched to minimalist shoes for the office a year back, Vivobarefoot leather boots. My feet have definitely changed shape. Toes have spread, foot is wider, and look healthy – whereas before my toes were always a bit red/sore and occasional blisters.

I want to get some more Vivos for general out and about, to the pub etc, but wife really hates them!

One other benefit, I now have much better balance. Probably useful eventually.

mert
    Free Member

My feet are bigger, only something like half to three quarters of a size though.

Unfortunately, all the time spent sitting around (rather than dashing back and forth to meetings) means i’ve occasionally got a bit of foot pain as the muscles aren’t as good as they used to be.

Hopefully should be fixed now i’m back in the office 3 days a week and dashing around…

andyrm
    Free Member

Yup – gone from a 44 to a 45. Noticed it most in my 2FO DH flat shoes, presumably because they have the least give.

I imagine in my case its going from quite a corporate dress code (smart jeans/shirt/jacket/shoes) to WFH in a new company then 2 days a week in the office in a much more casual environment.

csb

andrewh
    Free Member
    I’ve gone up a size. Thought it was nearing 50

50 shoe sizes?! Can clowns work from home?

Ha. The kids think I’m a total clown and I suspect my colleagues do too.

lamp
    Free Member

YES!!!! This has happened to me too….gone up a whole size!!

Houns

Have you all (men) measured something else to see if that’s grown too? 😂

jamesoz

I think shoes have got smaller a bit like some gloves and chocolate bars.

funkmasterp

I want to get some more Vivos for general out and about, to the pub etc, but wife really hates them!

Is she wearing them for you? Vivo’s look pretty normal to me. I only own Vivo’s, a pair of Vibram Five Fingers and some Merrel Foot Gloves. Normal shoes really hurt now and feel wrong

mjsmke

Your feet are probably returning back to foot shaped rather than shoe shaped. Modern shoes are terrible for causing bunions etc.

Poopscoop

Far more mundane reason for me.

Bunions, bloody bunions. I wouldn’t mind so much but suddenly they went from an inconvenience to a painful inconvenience. Just walking without pain in my feet is now a distant memory and to be honest it really gets me down.

I’m getting close to cutting holes in the cheap spd shoes I use on the turbo.

I’ve only held back because I’m not using the turbo… but when I do,I will!😁

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.