Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Flights to Washington DC
  • beefy

Anyone here got any experience of were to get cheap flights for a family to Washington? Got some friends moving out there and want to visit, never been to be the states before so any advice would be great.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I flew out with Continental to DC from Edinburgh. Quick change of planes in Newark and about a 40 minute flight down to DC. My flight was a one way leg. IIRC it was about £300. I booked it through Trailfinders.

beefy

Ok, thanks will check that out.

crispo
    Free Member

Skyscanner, you can search there from all UK airports to Washington!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I fly that route pretty often, and always with BA. If doing that, avoid the 767 flights. Old buses, sadly. See if you can get on the 747 instead.

Oh and Dulles is an odd old place. But it does have a Five Guys for some nommage.

TiRed

Philadelphia and the train might be cheaper.

And Dulles is an odd place (that still has no public transport link). The buses that collect passengers are straight out of Thunderbirds. Anyone who has been will know what I mean.

tonyg2003

Dulles is indeed quirky, although the strange buses are gone. Plus not having public transports inks is normal for my US airports.

Just try Opodo and book including a weekend on the booking and be flexible. That’s about it for getting a cheap deal.

sparksmcguff

You can also try flights to Baltimore international which has reasonable flights. (Baltimore airport is close to washington.)

brant
    Free Member

I was over on the east coast recently for a few days and was amazed how expensive short internal flights were, admittedly at only a few days notice.

Crazy money. In china you can get from anywhere to anywhere else for $100. Even short hops in USA were $300

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The buses are not gone! Still very much in use as of a few weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Flights to Washington DC’ is closed to new replies.