Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Flights to South America – surely someone on ST is an expert?
  • number18
    Free Member

A close friend has invited my fiance and I to his wedding next summer in Medellin (Colombia), prices not yet announced for flights at that time (late July).

We’d be happy to fly from any of the following;

Manchester
    Liverpool
    Midlands
    Leeds/Bradford
    a.nother not too far away from Huddersfield
    preferably not from London

We will have a one year old child by the time we travel so a close initial airport is quite important and ideally we only want to have only one connecting flight each way.

There are direct flights from Madrid to Medellin, other than that I’m a bit clueless at the minute.

Does anyone have any advice? Obviously the best option is the cheapest and easiest, what would you suggest?

Cheers.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

My folks did south America as a tour few years ago and used trail finders to sort the lot out. Ended up with ba/iberia, iberia was nowhere near the service level of ba. I think they went regional UK to Paris then off.

stewartc
    Free Member

Watch out for BA/Iberia, if your flight is delayed and the switch at Madrid is tight, Iberia are very good at loosing luggage (speaking from experience).

nowthen
    Free Member

My advice would be to hop from wherever you fancy in the UK to Schipol, and then take KLM direct to Panama City and then either stay with KLM or take COPA airlines to Medellin.

I live in Panama, have worked and travelled on and off in Latin America for last 12-13 years by the way!

Pigface
    Free Member

I did London to Santiago and got routed through Miami on American. Flight to Miami packed 3 hour stop and flight to Chile had more crew than passengers.

number18
    Free Member

Cheers guys.

Via Panama City sounds like an interesting option, do you think it might be a cheaper way of getting there?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Flights to South America – surely someone on ST is an expert?’ is closed to new replies.