Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Flights to Canada?
  • spongesteve
    Free Member

Specifically London to Vancouver:

Only found 2 carriers who fly direct, BA and Fly Thomas Cook.

Anyone know of any others or where best to find the answer?

The internet isnt being as co-opperative with answers as usual.

colande
    Free Member

http://www.canadianaffair.com/

flew with them in 2005,
    they were fine
    did that exact journey
    on the way back it was Toronto – London

edit: can't remember they might be Thomas Cook or affiliated , and there was a stop to let people off at Calgary,

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Not sure of the routes they fly but try Air Canada or Globespan.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    walleater

TomASS Cook are c0ckwh0res of the highest nature.
    When we flew over to the UK for our honeymoon, my wife's luggage got lost and they couldn't really give a sh!t. We finally got it back weeks after we landed back in Vancouver…well most of it as some cuhunt broke into the bag and stole stuff out of it. This was in April and to this day we've not received a penny in compensation despite having to buy a load of stuff in the UK so my wife didn't have to wear the same cr@p for two weeks.

Oh and the plane they had sucked balls and the staff were pretty ugly.

This was through Canadian Affair. I can't remember the carrier on the return flight, but they were in a different league to Thomas F*cklord.

eckinspain
    Free Member

I'd give that rant a respectable 7/10.

j-claw
    Free Member

Try flying to Seattle… Its only a 2 hour drive to Vancouver & flights/car hire/etc are a hell of a lot cheaper.

Air Canada & Air Transat fly direct from London to Vancouver.

Burts
    Free Member

BA and Air Canada for direct scheduled services, although AC also go indirect through eastern Canada and can sometimes be cheaper this way.

Another option is IcelandAir, which gives you the option of a nice Reykjavik stopover if you fancy it.

I've used Canadian Affair/Thomas Cook once before (Gatwick>Vancouver) and the service was great. All airlines have good & bad days, but the larger airlines will typically deal with the bad days better e.g.BA/AC have more planes available to replace flights or offer better compensation for delays. I think all the airlines are only legally required to compensate for lost baggage based on the weight (a few $ per kg), which is worthless. You need to claim on travel insurance to cover actual costs of lost luggage, in my personal experience.

Seattle is a good idea IF the savings are large, sometimes its just not worth the hassle. BA fly direct there from Heathrow. Seattle Airport>Vancouver is $100 return and a 5hr trip by shuttle bus. By car its a 2.5-3hr drive + border crossing time (anything from 5-60mins depending on time of day & traffic).

JA
    Free Member

Flew to Vancouver the other week- took our bikes to Vancouver Island etc and Canadian Affair (Thomas Cook) were the cheapest we could find. There were slight delays, but the bikes and luggage arrived safe and sound in both directions. It's best described as 'functional' as frills/customer service were minimal- pay for drinks on the flight etc etc, but fundamentally it's fine. I suppose its a bit like a long-haul Easyjet. I'd fly BA every time if I could justify the extra expense. The tip about Seattle sounds good though.

sparkywalts
    Free Member

I just came back from canada. I went from gatwick to vancouver and used travelsupermarket.com.

The flights were through airtransat but i flew with thomas cook. It was acceptable and for £450 return you cant complain

spongesteve
    Free Member

Awsome, Thanks!

Good sugestion too re Seattle.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Flights to Canada?’ is closed to new replies.