Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Flies!!
  • bearnecessities

Beautiful day. A day for garden stuff methinks.

Garden has a few flies in the morning; fine.

By lunchtime the place is a swarming mass of flies – and I mean swarming. To biblical proportions. Plus they’re all randy as hell. I’ve got flies shagging on the door, the floor, mid air, on my forehead.

Is this some seasonal phenomenon I’ve not been aware of, or a perfect storm of a day for fly sex?

*swats*

funkmasterp

It’ll be the body you didn’t bury properly that is attracting them.

Sandwich

That new patio will need to come up.

Murray

Could be worse – could be Alaska / N Canada / N Sweden. At least they’ve left some flesh on your bones.

maccruiskeen

Sounds like ‘Cluster Flies’ – they look a lot like your common or garden house fly but they all emerge en-mass the moment it gets warm.

I first encountered them when I hired a holiday home out of season for a long stint of work away from home. The house had been empty through most of the winter. I turned the heating on when I arrived then about an hour after I’d gone to bed was woken up by a biblical plague of flies crawling out of of every nook and crannie in the house

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Is unseasonably gross at the mkment.

Walking the dog yesterday, spied a solitary, detached and complete pigeon wing. Just lying there on the verge (well it would I spose) – whilst above it did hang in the air a sizeable squadron of the brittle buzzing bastards – glinting horribly in the setting golden sunlight. They didn’t seem in a hurry. What were they waiting for? Putrefaction? Ack.

Menacing, it was.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Plenty in my house at the moment.Mainly dead ones!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

BN.

So hot, he even gets the flies horny….. 😆

maccruiskeen

Its his aftershave

ScotlandTheScared

Cluster flies. We can’t leave our doors open at the moment otherwise they will come inside. They come out when it gets warm in the spring and then again at the end of the summer. There’s basically nothing you can do about them.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Kill yhem

bigyinn
    Free Member

Sex liquid? Sounds soooo appealing.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Flies!!’ is closed to new replies.