Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • flex induction
  • muddyjames
    Free Member

looking at getting a new hob and wondering if I need fled induction.

They seem to be quite a bit more spendy so wondering if it’s worth it. In reality everything on the hob is going to be ‘normal’ pans.

nixie

We have a larger width induction hob. It has 5 zones small, medium, large and two adaptable/flex zones. That works for the pans we have 95% of the time and the other it works well enough. However if the hob was smaller (i.e the normal square size) I’d wonder if cooking in multiple pans in fixed size zones would be a pain. The thought of just behind able to dump 4 pans down anywhere and it just works would be appealing.

I was a reluctant induction user. New house had no gas in the kitchen. I have to say now I love it. The sole thing I think it’s not as good for is a proper wock. Everything else it’s great.

spooky_b329

So its only whilst replying to this post that I realise my hob isn’t true flex!

Turns out its got flexible cooking zones aka combined cooking zones where you can link the hob power, but you still need one big pan, or two smaller pans over each hob centre. When buying it, I thought I could just crowd pans across the zone, as you would with flex…when I installed it I just made the assumption I’d miss-understood what flex was.

So combined/flexible cooking zones is probably a feature I never use, but I think I’d still buy the same unit as each of the hobs are full power and size which means you don’t have to shuffle pans around when you’ve got a lot on the go. It was £500 (AEG IKE64450FB) and it looks like flex starts around £800-900 which is comparable to some very shiny bike parts!

Just watched a youtube video on a Bosch Flex hob and I’d love it if it didn’t come with such a premium…you dump a pan anywhere on the glass and the display detects the pan and creates a hob and power control for it. Move the pan, and the display shows the pans new position.

muddymole
    Free Member

I’m a bit confused as to what is a flex hob too. Even the 800 ones I’m not sure if they are true flex.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘flex induction’ is closed to new replies.