Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Fleece lined lumberjack shirt/coat
  • mrsheen
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a fleece lined shirt than doesn’t cost the earth please? Thanks.

kilo

Uniqlo have quite a heavy shirt jacket atm, can’t recall if it’s fleece lined

stevextc
    Free Member

Sainsbury’s Tu brand.
    Got one last year for £15 or something?

CheesybeanZ

Most charity shops .

mrsheen
    Free Member

Great! Thanks for the suggestions all.

maccruiskeen

Uniqlo have quite a heavy shirt jacket atm

I’m sure the guy modelling it will grow into it one day

https://www.uniqlo.com/uk/en/product/overshirt-jacket-428994COL65SMA004000.html

BillOddie

They have some warm looking ones in CostCo at the mo for about 15quid iirc, if i didn’t own 2 already I might have bought one.

sharkattack

You can get these in a few different colours from Aldi. I think I paid £15 for a dark green one and I wear it nearly every day around the house and garage. It’s quite thick and warm enough.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/men%27s-red-check-padded-jacket/p/802133406028701

trail_rat
    Free Member

+1 for Aldi shirt.

I had one loved it. Replaced it with the dickies linked above.

It just doesn’t feel nice. Sure it’s warmer but it’s also stiffer and more restrictive -also harder to keep clean being a fleece outer

voodoo_chile

The dickies portland one is great, quite a big fit but good quality

letmetalktomark

Premier Icon
    voodoo_chile
    Free Member

The dickies portland one is great, quite a big fit but good quality

Totally agree. I have 2 of them. One for bike related stuff – tinkering and post ride and the other for wearing as a jacket for when I’m feeling all lumberjacky.

They are ridiculously warm, wash really well and are really quite water resistant.

Defiantly more at the coat end of the spectrum than shirt despite being a shirt.

chakaping
    Free Member

I have a fleece-lined Aldi one which I wear for most jobs, most of the colder months.

Unfortunately they don’t do them any more, just those quilted lining ones above – which look cooler but are not so snuggly.

dovebiker

Go two – Marmot Ridgefield and a Patagonia one. Patagonia one is nicer but it’s quilted polyester lined as opposed to fleece. Both were half-price in sales.

johndoh
    Free Member

Leeds Kirkgate Market. And get a tee shirt with a picture of a howling wolf whilst you are there.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I have a couple of mountainwarehouse ones.

kilo

Leeds Kirkgate Market. And get a tee shirt with a picture of a howling wolf whilst you are there.

Has to go to Great Yarmouth for work this combination seemed to work well with slightly customised mobility scooters.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Has to go to Great Yarmouth for work this combination seemed to work well with slightly customised mobility scooters.

So it’s a combo for ebikers.

What you really need is a shacket from endura…..naming convention fail.

Both patagucci and marmot even on sale fail the cost criteria.

alric
    Free Member

Id like one I can wear welding. So are tehere any flameproof ones? Or are they all fireproof but dont say so?
    Or do they all go up in flames?
    Alternatively a good fireproofing spray might do (whatever that might be)

trail_rat
    Free Member

What are you welding with oxybacceteline ?

My dickies Portland is regularly worn welding(mig)…. Seems to cope as well as my fllame retardants coveralls….(and if you believe they are flame retardants after a few offshore washes your more gullible than I) …

singlespeedstu

Just for TR.
    Here’s a pic of me on a customised mobility scooter wearing an Endura Shacket.
    😘

Bringewood fun.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Ha you do know I have an ebike right….but they are such easy bait 🙂

alric
    Free Member

trailrat-would be MIG mostly. I didnt get many problems with clothes catching fire, more worried that fleece could be more likely to do it

CountZero

Just read the description of the Uniqlo jacket…

This jacket can be worn casually like a shirt. The item is comfortable and is not scratchy.
    – It is made of stretchy jersey and the lining is made of stretch fabric for superior comfortable.

I’d rather have one of their heavy-weight flannel shirts with maybe a down gilet/vest over the top.
    The Dickies Portland is probably one of the best, there’s lots on ebay with hoods and zips, although many seem to be sold or ended, or in the States with stupid postage costs or not available to the U.K.
    Worth browsing using ‘shearling fleece lined check lumberjack shirt’ as a description.

frankconway

The OP wanted fleece lined; Dickies Portland is a warm shirt but has a quilted lining – the outer face is fleece.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Fleece lined lumberjack shirt/coat’ is closed to new replies.