Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • flavour of the month tubeless sealant ?
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

buying a new supply for sealant – havnt used sealant for a number of years since i stopped racing – prefer the faff free easy tire change method of tubes for recreation riding – but i see value in having tubeless for racing.

last time i bought stans as it was best on the market but caffe effeto was just coming out suggesting theirs “foamed” rather than sloshed about.

anyone tried it , did it ever deliver ? wiggle indicates the price is similar for a litre.

any other brands i should look at – IIRC bonty stuff was crap and slimes version of the tubeless sealant was crap also – AND it froze at low temperature.

Northwind

I think just about every review of cafe effeto said it was better for fitting and sealing tyres and not very good at punctures.

I’m still using Stans, it just works. Occasionally I add glitter, if there’s an actual benefit other than making it glittery, I honestly don’t know. But glitter! My sealant is fabulous.

sillyoldman

Conti stuff is apparently good – esp in lower temps. Going to give it a go once I’ve got through my Stan’s stuff.

rewski
    Free Member

I’ve used a few, RRP’s XC punctureguard is pretty good, but back on good old stans at the mo, never used caffe.

trail_rat
    Free Member

sounds like a unanimous stans vote…. cheers

paul_m

I have used Cafe Latex, Stans and the continental one. Found the Cafe Latex sealed up non UST tyres quicklyy, but bigger punctures weren’t sealed as well. Stans and the Continental one sometimes seem harder to get the tyre to seal, but once it has they stay up fine, and no issues with punctures.

dibboid
    Free Member

Stans here too. It does the job. I have no probs mounting my non ust stuff on my non ust rims with a track pump either.

edit: stans the man! 🙂

stumpyjumper
    Free Member

I’m lying in bed with food poisoning and northwinds post really made me giggle. Cheers (stomach hurts like hell now though!

bear-uk
    Free Member

Used Stans on the car about two months back. Removed a screw from centre of the tyre and down she went. 2 fl oz of Stans and let it drain into the hole, and its still up after 400 miles.

gamo
    Free Member

Conti and Stans both work well, Conti seemingly far more environmentally friendly if that kind of thing matters!

porlus
    Free Member

Has anyone used that Just riding along wheel milk. Seems a fair price for the quantitty.

Northwind

Yeah, it seemed alright, I had a couple of punctures that eventually resealed with it but seemed to take longer than Stans (then again, you can never be sure). But it did the job.

I mainly went back to stans because they didn’t look too happy being mixed, and so I stuck with what’s easy to find in the shops.

Oh yah, just back from endurance downhill racing at fort william. Flow + Stans + maxxis dualply + low pressures, huge success. Eclipse “puncure resistant” innertube, unmitigated expensive fail. Ah well.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘flavour of the month tubeless sealant ?’ is closed to new replies.