• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Flats – V12 mag, Vault or other
  • ojays
    Free Member

I’m taking my every 2 years decision to go back to flats, which usually lasts a few months.

Anyway my main issue last time was the Nanos that I bought were too big and too bloody grippy, was locked on worse than being clipped in in terms of shifting your foot if you don’t get it into the right place first time.

I used to have some V8s that I wore with some fairly average walking shoes and I liked them but they will be too thick for my current bike which needs something thin – pedal strikes are ridiculously common on these new age bikes.

Anyway my question – the new style V12s look thinner than the vaults and smaller, plus the mag version is pretty light and about half the price of some Vaults. Any reason I’d be mad not to go to the Vaults, or something else?

Gonna grab some Terrex shoes to go with them I think.

Northwind

I’d check out the plastic nukeproof horizons- really excellent, plastic pedals have come of age

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Second Nukeproof horizons . I had 2 pairs of Vaults but changed to Horizons . Lighter , pretty much the same grip , way cheaper and slightly smaller which equals fewer pedal strikes .

Andy-R

Another vote here for Nukeproof Horizons, plus if you clip a rock the impact isn’t as noticable as with aluminium pedals.

blokeuptheroad

Just bought some magnesium V12s on special offer at CRC for £40. Had the alu alloy ones before. Grippy, no nonsense pedals at a bargain price.

snotrag

While we are on Plastic Pedals, the One-Up Composites are really nice and quite good value, light too, you’d pay a lot more for alloy pedals of the same weight.

I’ve smashed them off a few rocks too and I do agree that plastic pedals seem to glide over them better

DezB
    Free Member

Carbon Cycles plastics. Used them for a while and they’re great for the money. (Look pretty much identical to Nukeproofs too). Just bought some Nanos in the Superstar sale as I fancied something bigger and grippier.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Flats – V12 mag, Vault or other’ is closed to new replies.