Flat(ish) MTB Route/Trail for beginners in Wales

Home Forum Bike Forum Flat(ish) MTB Route/Trail for beginners in Wales

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Flat(ish) MTB Route/Trail for beginners in Wales
  • soobalias

try something like Bikely.com

wrecker

BIKE PARK! BIKE PARK! BIKE PARK! BIKE PARK! BIKE PARK! BIKE PARK!

wilko1999

Wherever they end up going, it’d be worth stopping off for a loop of the Family Cycle Trail in FoD, really nice ride, but only 11 miles. Link to details…

http://www.fodmtb.com/trails/4574213958

muddyground

Dolgellau to Barmouth and back – there’s even a pub half way, and you can pick fresh Samphire en route. Totally flat. Actually quite a lovely ride with the family in tow.

poonprice

Hi All,

My parents have decided they want to go out for a ride on their bikes after years of them being stuck in the shed. They often cycle whilst on holiday a couple of times a year but on mainly flat tracks/quiet roads up to around 20 miles.

My question is, where can I take them this weekend?

Looking for a loop, 15+ miles on fairly flat singletrack, fireroad or bridal ways. Anywhere within about 80miles from Worcester and ideally Wales way.

Have seen a loop around Elan Valley using the disused railway line but would like some more options from STW.

Thanks in advance

waveydave

Forest of dean is superb for family riding, like wales but nearer, great place for short break.

geologist

The elan valley dissussed line is very nice, for a gentle ride with parents etc. Its very scenic, and the cafe does amazing cake. Try the grasshopper pie mmmm

I take my toddler there on the tag along all the time.

Premier Icon stufield
    Subscriber

dolgellau to barmouth – first ride my son did on his own, then the green at coed y brenin

Premier Icon tmb467
    Subscriber

The Mawddach Trail (Dolgellau to Barmouth) is really nice – if you find a blue shimano bottom bracket pre-load cap can you let me know though

misterlee

celtic trail (Chepstow to fishguard) or taff trail (Brecon to Cardiff). not really mtb routes though. more suited to hybrids

Doug

+1 Mawddach. Start from the Doll end and cross the footbridge for fish and chips in Barmouth before returning.

mtbmatt

Afan Valley is quite nice and the millennium park near Llanelli is another popular route.

poonprice

Sorry for the late reply, Thanks for all the idea’s you guys came up with i’ve passed them on to the parents. In the end we went over to the Elan Valley and cycled route 81 round the reservoirs which was a nice and easy 20 mile loop.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Flat(ish) MTB Route/Trail for beginners in Wales’ is closed to new replies.