Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Flat shoe overshoes.
  • zippykona

Is it just the endura ones?
    Any other hacks or bodges out there?

chrishc777
    Free Member

No

Leave that nonsense to the roadies please!

ayjaydoubleyou

Trousers stop the running down leg and into sock water that accounts for a large amount of the “I’m soaked through, and wearing a sponge” feeling from my experience.

Northwind

Clingfilm/pallet wrap for those Really Bad Days/enduro racing in kinlochleven in november.

<div>from Imgflip Meme Generator</div>

zippykona

As a recent flat pedal convert it really is surprising how limited the shoe choice is.
    I’ve plumped for spesh shoes and their top feature seems to be that you could wear them to the pub.
    Fashion seems to be the main concern.

BillOddie

Don’t the Leatt 3.0 shoes claim some level of waterproofness?

Must admit I used my Ride Concept shoes in absolutely filthy conditions over the last couple of rides and didn’t notice my toes getting wet.

pothead
    Free Member

Sealskinz? Lost count of the times I’ve read they don’t work, but they do in my experience

thepurist

Yep Sealskinz, either calf length for mild dampness or knee length for proper grim. And shoes that don’t then act as cold water retention devices.

baggsie
    Free Member
    johnnystorm

Mavic do some that Mrs is happy with on her Shimano GR5s.

matt_outandabout

How about

https://www.onlywhatsnecessary.com/fr01-features#overview

Fashion seems to be the main concern

I agree. I’m amazed how few flat pedal, winter friendly MTB and touring shoes there are.

Northwind

For winter, I’ve ended up with a set of Five Ten guide tennies, which are clumpy but work great, and some Columbia Fairbanks omni-heats, which are warmer but not quite as sticky. Neither are riding shoes but they work better overall than any “proper” riding shoe I’ve used which is pretty damning criticism tbf.

Hopefully the trailcross gtx delivers but even then… “cutouts to let water drain from the shoe”, I mean yes I have had times when that would be good but other times your foot is just in water and that sounds suspiciously like it’s just a hole?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Sealskinz? Lost count of the times I’ve read they don’t work, but they do in my experience

Me too.

Fairbanks Omni fir proper winter balticness

zippykona

These road boots were going cheap years ago so finally thought up a use for them.
    The blue bit is a decathlon water shoe sole.
    On my bumpy ride to work they were ok. Not as grippy as my generic skate shoe and you certainly couldn’t pull up on the pedals at the lights. Certainly not as grippy as a proper shoe but they are too grippy.
    However the theory works and I shall try out all the shoes we have in the house to find a grippier shoe to pilfer.
    As they stand I’d happily commute to work on them.
    null

mrhoppy

OWN boots were fantastic but they have stopped making them.

Once mine died I changed to the Vaude boots and they’re pretty good as splash proof but they’re not fully waterproof and once they’re wet they stay wet. They do work pretty well with a full waterproof overtrouser.

matt_outandabout

What are some of the SPD winter shoes/boots that have blanking plates like on flat pedals?

baggsie
    Free Member

My northwave have blanking plugs + Michelin soles but they’re rubbish as flat pedal shoes.

goby

Anyone found anywhere that have the vaudes in stock as mine (Moab Mid Stx size 47) arent going to last another winter/wet season?

zezaskar
    Free Member

I’m always amazed how rarely the Vaude Moab STX get mentioned in these discussions. They released what seems to be a remarkable product, great looking, great materials and what seems to be very reasonable grip that somewhat fell into obscurity.

About those OWN shoes, very sad I was late to the party and missed them, would love to try those

feed

I’m always amazed how rarely the Vaude Moab STX get mentioned in these discussions.

They’re great, but really just a winter shoe\boot. Got a pair a few years back after recommendations on here and they’re showing hardly any signs of wear after 2 mucky winters.

zezaskar
    Free Member

Great to know. Are yours the first or second generation?

zippykona

Looks like the Moabs are on my Christmas list.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Flat shoe overshoes.’ is closed to new replies.