Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Flat pedals: superstar Ultra-mag CNC
  • M1llh0use
    Free Member

Anyone use em?
    Any good?
    Worth the extra over the nano thru pins?

timidwheeler

I have both. The only real benefit of the ultras is the weight reduction. They also look gorgeous.

bearnecessities

Had them; stupid light for the money, but swapped out for vaults – think I prefer having something more substantial feeling to stand/scrape legs on.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Yeah, I might have to just get the vaults and swallow the cost

torihada
    Free Member

I’ve got ultra mag lites on the FS & nano techs on the DH & HT. I prefer the nano techs, but that’s because the grub screws are grippier than the thru pins. Either way my SS pedals are still going strong after a ton of abuse.

bearnecessities

Yeah, I might have to just get the vaults and swallow the cost

They are HUGE as well, sensible profile and very handsome 🙂

Northwind

Vaults if you want big. Mag nanos if you want light.

Mine are the un-machined mag-tis, they weigh nowt but they do shed pins a wee bit too readily for my taste and they take the thread out as they go so replacing is more effort.

The ultra has alu pins instead of steel so they’re less likely to damage the cage, but they’re not tough.

smiff
    Free Member

that’s because the grub screws are grippier than the thru pins

yeah, wish i’d known about this before i got wah-wahs. got given the normal pin ones by mistake at xmas and whaddayaknow.. they do grip better.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

ultra mag cnc – most reliable pedal i’ve owned. Grippy, light and tough as f*ck

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Flat pedals: superstar Ultra-mag CNC’ is closed to new replies.