• This topic has 26 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by cdoc.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Flat pedals – anything to rival superstar nano?
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Or do I just buy another pair?

chakaping
    Free Member

Carbon Cycles do some the same labelled “Exotic”. USually a few quid cheaper and diff colours

mindmap3
    Free Member

I can’t really see past them to be honest. The last pair I bought were £37 and I have them on both bikes. The first pair lasted ages and no pins got ripped out which is more than I can say for any other flat pedals I’ve had.

lee170
    Free Member

Shimano saints are pretty good

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Saints look a bit smaller and, more importantly, chunkier.

chvck
    Free Member

For the price I reckon they’re the best. Recently got some DMR vaults (second hand, took a while…) and they’re just on another level though imo.

legend
    Free Member

Recently got some DMR vaults (second hand, took a while…) and they’re just on another level though imo.

Interesting. In what way?

chvck
    Free Member

In levels of grip and also comfort, hard to explain that bit but they just feel nicer to have my feet on.

cdoc
    Free Member

I am loving my Deity flats. Very grippy and very thin at 11mm.

Seem to be very similar to the superstars in shape, but come up a little lighter, I think..

thepurist

When are SSC getting the Deltas back in?

deanfbm
    Free Member

Actually can’t get past MG1s, tried several others, 4 of my 5 bikes have MG1s.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’m loving the Ultra Mags. Keen to try the Deltas at some point too.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

CRC have those at 17mm Cdoc, can you get bearing rebuild kits for those deity?

cdoc
    Free Member

Apologies, pic is of the decoy.
    I meant this one.. Skyskraper, although I have used decoys too and they feel almost identical.

The website has the rebuild kits, but mine have not needed it as yet, so have not looked at ordering.

reedspeed
    Free Member

Try these !,same pedal
    As superstar but a fiver cheaper ,& fast shipping ,they’re indentical !..

http://www.carboncycles.cc/?product_code=CC-PED07F&

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Nope, not thru pins, so not identical.

svalgis
    Free Member

Presumably reedspeed meant that they’re identical to Superstar’s non-thru pin pedal.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, apologies.

Rickos
    Free Member

Is this not the thru pin version? £38.99

http://www.carboncycles.cc/?s=0&t=2&c=84&p=1177&

julzm
    Free Member

Agree re DMR vaults. OH has them on his latest bike build and they are amazing. Real nice feel to them under foot, they almost feel like rubber, pins are reversible so you can have either sharp pins or smooth pins. He uses smooth pins because they don’t rip your shins. Even so grip is amazing. I have hope f20s, know some people think the grip is terrible on them but personally I find them great. Before that I had nukeproof electrons (I think…) pretty good for the dosh and really grippy but them pins are very very sharp if/when they come into contact with your skin!

Scapegoat

Superstar thru pins are currently at 37 quid. Still can’t see past them.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Ended up getting a really good deal at lbs for a set of mag vaults. Lured in by shinyness, yes, I know…..

Mugboo

In order of grippyness

DMR v8

Wellgo MSG1

Superstar Nano (short pin)

Nukeproof aluminium (long pins)

I’m happy with my Nano’s on the Mega but enjoy the extra grip of the Nukeproof’s on my c456.

ticsmon

Anyone tried these http://www.moovebikeco.com/flat-pedals
    Tempted myself

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

Hope F20s with the optional long pins on the front and back edges and leave out the pins in the middle are superb. I don’t like the Nanos as they have a lump liver the axle right where you want the pedal to be flat or concave.

cdoc
    Free Member

They look almost identical to the deity decoys above, ticsmon. I love ’em.

cdoc
    Free Member

Looking at that link, they are the same.

Cheers for the new source of pins!

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Flat pedals – anything to rival superstar nano?’ is closed to new replies.