Flat pedals

Home Forum Bike Forum Flat pedals

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Flat pedals
  • I’m currently running some DMR vaults I got 2nd hand off Ebay, and £30 waterproof, breathable Quechua hiking shoes from Decathlon, resoled with 5.10 dotty rubber by feet first. Best set up I’ve ever had. Uber grippy, waterproof and breathable. That’s right folks, you can have it all!

mekon

Before moving to spds I was on Nukeproof Neutrons which where super grippy. Tried superstar before and couldn’t tell any difference to a unbranded pedal before that.

Karl33to

Another vote for Superstar Nano’s.

I recently winterised mine by fitting some longer pins as the old ones were a bit bent and my 5.10 are getting on a bit, the extra grip is amazing, but on the flip side they totally shred your shins if you slip a peddle 😯

Premier Icon richmtb
    Subscriber

Nano copies from Carbon Cycles for me. £31. Plus a set of Shimano AM66 shoes. Good set up very grippy.

I also changed from SPDs. I like the flat pedals. I think they give you better feel of the bike. I still use SPDs on the other bike which I ride for longer rides but for techy stuff I prefer the flats

Neutrons or nanos

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

richmtb – Member

Nanos copies from Carbon Cycles

FTFY- no copy about it, they’re all HT Nanos, just with different branding and price.

Premier Icon agnik1
    Subscriber

richmtb
    … for techy stuff I prefer the flats

the same reason why I want to change for the flat

Premier Icon bearnecessities
    Subscriber

I’ve had superstar Mag Ti and they are excruciatingly light, but the bodys are made out of Wensleydale.

DMR vaults, as far as I’m concerned are the daddy of flats, and boy they’re handsome (and British!)

I had Point Ones, Straitlines and Nanos on my bikes.

All three have Vaults now.

enfht

NS Bikes Aerial Pro

nammynake

Superstar nanos are a generic pedal sold by various companies. You can get them slightly cheaper here, just with a different logo

http://www.carboncycles.cc/?s=0&t=2&c=84&p=940&

Premier Icon agnik1
    Subscriber

Checked and selected

thanks guys

Premier Icon trailhound
    Subscriber

Another DMR vault fan here, loved every minute on them over the last 18 months or so using 5 10’s. Bought some xtr trail spds and after 1 ride on them I reckon the vaults will be going back on tomorrow, couldn’t get used to riding clipped in again at all.

Premier Icon agnik1
    Subscriber

One of my friend uses DMR Vault and 5.10’s. He loves them.

So far, so good (Superstar and 5.10)

olliehux

DMR vaults

Premier Icon agnik1
    Subscriber

I need them try 😀

longmover

Deity Decoys here but nothing beats the old Easton Cully, they were awesome pedals.

robdob

I think my Superstar Nanos are great and would recommend them. However I am thinking of changing them as I am finding that they are a bit too big for me. Very rocky round my way and with a low BB on my Pitch I am forever clattering them on rocks, more than the V8’s I had before. Even so they have stood up to the abuse very very well so will probably leave it a bit longer.

aphex_2k

Had some MG1’s. Loved them (20 quid off ebay). Changed to DX’s. Hated them. Went back to MG1’s and still using them. Quite like the look of DMR Vault in orange with blue pins for some reason though.

Goldigger

Looks like I’m the odd one out.. Wellgo B25’s for me.. Thinki paid £20 for them from CRC when they were on offer.
    Grippy, tough and smooth bearings..

Should be able to pick a pair up for around £30..

badbob

saints! under £50 most places

Premier Icon superstu
    Subscriber

Nukeproof or nanos for me. Had been using wellgo for years thinking things in the flat pedal world hasn’t moved on. I was wrong, miles more grip with either of those IMHO

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Flat pedals’ is closed to new replies.