Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Flat Pedals
  • j5kol
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a pair of decent flat pedals for no more than £30. I have been looking at DMR V8’s but not sure if there are alternatives ones for a similar price that are better ?

crispy1980
    Free Member

Can get flats from exotic cycles at the no for 32 . They are the same pedals that superstar sell, the nano techs

PROLINE85
    Free Member

Not what you asked for, however I’d stump up an extra fiver and get a set of the Exotic flat pedals on ebay. Having had DMR V12’s and MG1’s etc, I think the lower profile of the Superstar/Exotics feels better.

Edit, beaten to it by Crispy, yes get the Exotics 🙂

MadPierre

V8s are probably your best bet at that price point.

Northwind

Worth the extra couple of quid for Nanos. Or you can probably find Wellgo MG1 for around this price, they’re thicker and not as strong, but much lighter.

Underhill
    Free Member

Having just gotten a pair of Nanos I can recommend them (or the Exotics). Also have V12s which I like too, but they are a lot thicker meaning pedals get clipped a bit more often.

Wozza
    Free Member

My advice after spending £30 on V8s over and over again for years is, buy Shimanos, DX or Saints for a few extra quid (£40ish) and you won’t have to buy another set of V8s again in November.

My DX have lasted 5 years without service and I only changed them for some saints because they look nicer.

Buy cheap… buy twice.

sbob
    Free Member

Wozza – Member

My advice after spending £30 on V8s over and over again for years is, buy Shimanos, DX or Saints for a few extra quid (£40ish) and you won’t have to buy another set of V8s again in November.

My DX have lasted 5 years without service and I only changed them for some saints because they look nicer.

Buy cheap… buy twice.

My V8s are 13 years old and must have cost me at least £1.50 in degreaser and grease over that time.

Don’t bother servicing… buy twice. 💡

Northwind

My V8s lasted very well with just the grease re-squishing… But they weren’t very good otherwise. Heavy, thick, not all that grippy or big.

titusrider
    Free Member

used to think v8’s were great until I had some of the ‘new skool’ nukeproof’s bigger, thinner and about a million times better (I got mine off amazon for £50 ish)

Wozza
    Free Member

sbob – Member

My V8s are 13 years old and must have cost me at least £1.50 in degreaser and grease over that time.

Don’t bother servicing… buy twice.

Fair point. I found the Peak District made short work of them, YMMV.

j5kol
    Free Member

Anybody know where I can find the exotic pedals and how much they are ?

06awjudd
    Free Member

If you want low profile, I can’t recommend Nukeproof Electrons enough.

Unbelievably light for the price, very strong (I have had some very high speed pedal strikes and they are absolutely good as new), very cheap, very easy to maintain, very grippy.

Slightly concave profile feels a little weird at first, but does not effect grip, just feels a little odd.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Here you go j5kol

Carbon Cycles

I got some the other week, like them a lot. So did the wife so I had to buy her some too. Few days for delivery.

crankrider
    Free Member

Carboncycles as above is the place for cheap pedals.

Nukeproof, Superstar etc etc are all the same pedal, all made by HT Components

Just get them from wherever is cheapest – at the moment thats carboncycles… there was a cheap irish webshop too.

Why pay an extra £10 or more for a superstar or nukeproof logo?

I have had my nano on the bike for over a year now, bloody mint for the money!

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve got CarbonCC pedals – get those.

Or if you need something a bit chunkier CRC have the Funn Soljam’s in white for £32
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=26875

(Just don’t bash your shins with em)

j5kol
    Free Member

After much deliberation i have gone with some Nukeproof Electrons as i got a good deal (£25 delivered) off Leisure Lakes and i was impressed with the reviews. Thanks for all your comments !!

chiefgrooveguru

Slightly concave profile feels a little weird at first, but does not effect grip, just feels a little odd.

Do you mean convex? Concave is the preferred shape.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Flat Pedals’ is closed to new replies.