Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Flat pedal recommendations for a beginner?
  • hillsplease

My girls (8 and 10) are now on 26 inch wheeled bikes. What’s a good flat pedal as a starter for 10 please?

I’ve never used them so have no idea and at 17 st my predisposition towards ‘flipping strong’ may not be quite right.

Many thanks

Paul

Scapegoat

What sort of riding? If you aren’t a brand snob, and the girls don’t need supergrippy, then these must be worth a punt… disposable http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAIR-OF-9-16-ALLOY-MOUNTAIN-OR-BMX-BIKE-FLAT-PLATFORM-PEDALS-VARIOUS-COLOURS-/360534686655?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&var=&hash=item53f18abbbf
    Otherwise /Wellgo LU13, DMR V8s or if they are gonna be getting rad, then some Nano-Tech or similar.

mmannerr

Plastic flat pedals from CRC are working pretty well for my kid, they are grippier than basic pedals but do not cause major damage due plastic spikes.

acidchunks

Don’t forget the shin pads! They might not forgive you when they’re older and their legs are covered in ugly scars because their dad made them ride bikes with hurty pedals.

Green

I’ve been impressed with these Odyssey plastic pedals that came on my BMX, they’re £15.99, you might be able to find a cheaper unbranded pair.

hillsplease

Thanks fellas – that’s some plastic pedals ordered. What shoes is the next question? is it 5:10 super tacky ninja pumps or ‘whatever they’ve got that’s a bit trainery and is lying about?’ My bank balance is expressing a strong preference.

Many thanks

Paul

Tracey

Ours use skate shoes from TK Max. Have done for the last eleven years as their feet have grown.

hillsplease

Thanks Tracey. There is one just over the road from the office. Marvellous.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Flat pedal recommendations for a beginner?’ is closed to new replies.