Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Flat-pedal compatible warm dry feet for the winter
  • benp1

I’ve often thought about gluein velcro strips or studs to my shoes, and then more strips or eyelets onto gaiters. Gaiters are the answer, but without needing to go under the shoes

My recent muddy trips have been merrell fabric waterproof boots and quick drying, long trousers (montane terra)

Definitely less grip with the boots than with proper flats like my terrex or tevas, but still been fine. Have been used on natural stuff and the odd trail centre. Sometimes when I go on a family holiday with my bike I just take walking boots because the faff of taking another pair of shoes just for a couple of rides is too much

martinhutch

Have seen these and they look good, not sure if they are available yet

Five Ten Trailcross Mid GTX

They do look good, but the link above suggests August 2020 for the one that interests me! That can’t be right, why would they bother telling us about them?

graemethejock

5.10 guide tennie for me . First pair coming up to it’s 3rd winter by no means waterproof but a hell of an improvement from teva links high tops
    Wear with either merino socks or sealskinz never had cold feet…

bearGrease

These are great to winterise a non-winter shoe – https://www.chillcheater.com/gloves-and-footwear/aquatherm-socks

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Thanks for all your suggestions, folks – went for these in the end – decent discount on them at Amazon at the moment:

Vaude AM Moab Mid STX

Will be pairing ’em with a new pair of calf-length Sealskinz that don’t have holes in the toes like my current ones.

I’ll let you know how well they work.

rt60
    Free Member

Those Colombia boots are £70 delivered on Amazon at the moment.

Have ordered a pair, not sure if I will use them on the bike, but look like a comfortable warm boot.

Northwind

Bugger, I literally just ordered a set from bikeinn for £75! Ah well

scotroutes

Yeah, I ordered a set of Tons boots from Amazon too. They had (what I hope is) my size in the plain black for £70.

scotroutes

Boots arrived. Fit is spot-on (room for a warm sock). Sole looks good for pedals with (maybe) enough grip for walking too.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Flat-pedal compatible warm dry feet for the winter’ is closed to new replies.