Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • flashbacks
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I’ve been having loads recently. Here I am drawing a plan for a planning application for a water pump house here in Sweden, and an image pops into my head of me buying The Observer in Tesco Metro in Archway (that London) some 7 years ago. Have I lost the plot? Why does this happen?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

There’s a glitch in the matrix.

oldnpastit

Yeah, open a helpdesk ticket. You do know how to do that don’t you?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    slowoldman

I just opened a tin of oxtail soup and got a very brief flashback. So brief, I can’t remember what to.

Klunk
    Free Member

The Observer in Tesco Metro

I can see your problem 😉

bodgy
    Free Member

It’s just your brain having a fart.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Your acid trips involved buying a newspaper?

johndoh
    Free Member

You will have had one strong flashback which made you conscious of it happening now other small ones (that happen all the time) seem more regular and vivid.

Essentially your brain doesn’t really forget anything, it just gets buried away somewhere at the back – provide the correct trigger and it will reappear in your consciousness.

I always get a really strong visual flashback whenever I smell a real Christmas Tree – I can almost see myself walking into the front room of the house I grew up in on Christmas morning. I also get them when playing music – occasionally I hear a track I haven’t heard in a long time and I get transported back 30+ years to sitting in my bedroom listening to Ratt or some other obscure rock band of the time.

DezB
    Free Member

I get these sometimes – completely random – I see something and it “reminds me” of a completely unrelated event or object. Must be the way the brain’s synapse thingies link stuff together in a weird way.
    Eiher that or I’m just old and mental.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Essentially your brain doesn’t really forget anything,

it’s amazing, i just can’t get my head round why i would recall it here and now. what possibly could have triggered it?

the christmas tree one i get, its a very strong imprint. But Tesco Metro!

Marin
    Free Member

I thought this was going to be fun acid flashbacks. Helicopters sent my brain to ‘Nam for a year or so.

johndoh
    Free Member

it’s amazing, i just can’t get my head round why i would recall it here and now. what possibly could have triggered it?

Perhaps you read something in that Observer about planning applications or water pumps?

funkmasterp

Have we got a hidden subculture of acid casualties on here? 🙂

Marin
    Free Member

No casualty I loved every trip but stopped before I got too damaged. Others may disagree of course.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I was always told don’t go into double figures

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

A repeating dream sequence, like the very confusing (if half asleep while watching) Falling Water tv series?

Been watching it the last two nights on Amazon Video and I’ve decided I need a visual clue to denote real life and dream-time. It’s kind of like a twist on The Matrix.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4520992/

piemonster

I was always told don’t go into double figures

Emmmmmmmmm

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘flashbacks’ is closed to new replies.