Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Flash .SWF file conversion to .SCR
  • coogan
    Free Member

Anyone know of a good bit of software that can convert a Flash .SWF file to a .SCR file for a PC screensaver. Versions I've tried so far work but make the file jerky and not as smooth as the original. Ta!

M6TTF
    Free Member

swf2saver pro – mac and PC compatible, about 30 bucks

M6TTF
    Free Member

only software I came across (cheap) that will generate mac and pc files from same machine too

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    coogan
    Free Member

Cheers, I'll go have a looksee.

duclicsic
    Free Member

.scr files are just .exe (executable) files with the extension changed. If I recall correctly, flash can save directly to a standalone exe. If you aren't authoring this file yourself you can probably find a freeware application that will convert the swf to an exe, then just rename it to scr.

In fact, I just found this: http://www.swf-to-exe.com/

Edit: as always with freeware apps and services like this you should virus scan everything before running it.

coogan
    Free Member

Really? Hmmm. I'll try that too! Thanks. Tried the swf2saver pro and it's still slow and jerky when tried on a PC system annoyingly. Possibly my noob Flash skills causing an issue.

coogan
    Free Member

Hmm. That doesn't seem to be working just changing the .exe to .scr. Just opens up a black Abobe Flash Player window.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Is it an old pc? Might be the graphics card not coping – flash uses a lot of processing power

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Flash .SWF file conversion to .SCR’ is closed to new replies.