Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Flash! (ah ahhh) lights….
  • Premier Icon aphex_2k
    Free Member

So my trusty Fenix P3D has finally died on me. Not sure what happened but I stuck a new set of Surefire batteries in but nothing happened. Tried them in my backup Inova X5 and they worked. So seems my Fenix has dieded.

Now I’ve been reading and watching a few reviews, and I’m quite tempted with the Nitecore SRT9 which I can get with a set of 18650’s for $120 USD delivered. Anyone here tried one? Owt else with a similar spec?

Premier Icon somouk
    Free Member

That’s a pretty serious torch. I’ve ha da google and all of the reviews don’t seem to recommend anything else that has all the features that does without compromising on something.

The UV doesn’t appear to be great and is better on others but that seems to be the only negative. I might get one myself and give my Fenix to the Mrs for dog walking duties!

Premier Icon aphex_2k
    Free Member

Yeah it’s a decent bit of kit. Seen one seller on ebay who will do it for 125 usd with a couple of batteries thrown in. Sod it. Ordered. Valentines gift to myself.

Premier Icon aphex_2k
    Free Member

So they sent me tracking info through… After converting it from Chinese to English, there were some comments in Russian. This translated as “received order info from China and awaiting delivery to Russia”. So I queried this with the seller, who promptly replied and said they had made a mistake, they’d sent it to the wrong address, and are now out of stock of SRT9, also saying that Nitecore have discontinued the torch. Apologised for the cock up and asked if there was anything else I wanted and they would heavily discount it by way of apology.

I decided not to remain with them (even though over 13000 feedback) and got a refund.

(There’s heaps on eBay so won’t be a drama sourcing a new one).

Premier Icon aphex_2k
    Free Member

Ended ordering an emisar d4s + battery. A veritable pocket rocket of a thing. Nichia LED and 3000l on turbo…. They do others with various LED differences, some going to 4000l!!!

Premier Icon Cougar

Looks cool, but I’m bloody glad I don’t live anywhere near the guy making the video.

How much was it?

Premier Icon aphex_2k
    Free Member

80 of my Aussie dollars, shipped from China (I think there’s only a couple of places that stock them). Works out about 40 quid which I don’t think is bad at all! Just gotta sit and wait for the post to arrive now. Hopefully before Easter as I’m off camping. Totally overkill for a bike light but it might get tested one night just not not on the road as it’ll cause an accident.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.