Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Flame effect free standing electric fires..anything recommended?
  • kaiser
    Free Member

Yes ..I know they’re tacky but we live in a rented property and always loved real fires which is no longer an option. Just wondered if anyone had experience /recommendations for a freestanding unit preferably well under £200. It’s more for the missus to add a little coziness..otherwise I’d just play a real fire video on YouTube and sit the tablet next to the fan heater!
    Thanks in advance.

paton
    Free Member

Tesla do electric fires .

surfer
    Free Member

I wanted a wood burner in my summer house but given we only use it occasionally I didnt want the faff of lighting and extinguishing it each time. I bought an opti myst and it is pretty good and gives off plenty of heat straight away.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

otherwise I’d just play a real fire video on YouTube and sit the tablet next to the fan heater!

This is basically what they are.

Ours was about £65 from b&q. It looks pretty fake, but not in a horrible way, there’s some glowing plastic coal/wood and a scrolling cylinder projecting ‘flames’ up the back over a 1800W fan heater. Enough to trick the dog anyway! And is a useful way to heat the living room in winter without having to centrally heat the rest of the house all evening. And we already had a fake fireplace without a chimney.

Just go to B&Q and pick the one you like the look of.

kcal

Bought a £50 B&Q one to go in a tenant’s house. They’re delighted. Looks tacky but fits the void, and safer than the gas fire it replaces. I looked at the smoke and flame effect ones but they’re north of £300.

BenjiM

We have one of these, looks fine kicks out a good amount of heat for a short burst and goes well in the living room:

https://www.dimplex.co.uk/opti-myst-stoves

Not cheap but we like it 🙂

Can even get a tacky plastic flue that sits on top and sticks to the wall 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Flame effect free standing electric fires..anything recommended?’ is closed to new replies.