Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • ******* dog poo in bags!
  • Mintyjim

Birthday tomorrow and it’s supposed to be raining so I went out today.

Stunning day, sun blazing, barely a breeze. Got to the top of a rocky, steep ice age created “foel” or hill with views over the Irish sea and up to North Wales.

What’s on the ground? A dog turd, in a bag. Jesus wept. The elements would have obliterated it in a day or two, now it’ll live forever! Morons.

You’ll see the blighter in the second pic.

view of Irish sea

poo bag

Mintyjim

Oh, I can’t do photos on my phone 🙁

kilo

There seemed to be loads of them dumped when we were out yesterday, particularly liked the one left on a bench, wtf? Is it really that difficult to clean up after your hound?

Onzadog
    Free Member

In this weather, they’re worth keeping hold of as make shift handwarmers

dannyh
    Free Member

Typifies a majority of folk in the UK and their attitude. Dog walkers are pissed off at having to clean up after their mutts, so do the bare minimum and then say “I’ve done my bit, now someone else will need to sort it out from here”.

The solution? If you get caught not clearing up after your dog or leaving the shit bags lying around, you get marched back at pistol point. Then you have to rub your face in it. It’s the only way. Either that or your address is published and anyone who fancies it can drop their undercrackers on your driveway or garden and crimp one off.

timbog160

Problem with bags is it keeps it fresh.

In my youth it would sit on the pavement til it went white and crusty then you could just kick it into gutter…

twowheels
    Free Member

Round here they hang them on branches!

pipm1
    Free Member

edit delete

mrb123
    Free Member

Some **** round here had thought it would be a good idea yesterday to bag up the turd and then toss said bag onto the frozen surface of one of the ponds at our local nature reserve.

marksnook
    Free Member

Can we please not do this argument again?! As a dog owner and rider I always pick up the turds and take them home. I often pick up other people’s when I’m at the woods so I don’t have to ride through it.
    Let’s not judge everyone with the same sh*t covered stick j

mickmcd
    Free Member

You know what they should do …outlaw the shitbags made of poly based materials like they did in supermarkets

You could become a bazillionaire if you sold eco vegan dogshit bags to the stupid

junglistjut
    Free Member

They hang them in the trees like Xmas decorations round my way. Questioned one dude and he said he was coming back for it on the way home. Course you are, dick head :/

RustySpanner

Dog licences.
    DNA testing.
    The turd leavers then made to eat their dog’s shit live on evening television.
    Second offence? Make them eat the dog as well.

nuke

You know what they should do …outlaw the shitbags made of poly based materials like they did in supermarkets

^^^ This. Can’t understand why this isnt done…so obviously single use plastic. We use biodegradable bags and have done for years so its not like tbey aren’t available

nofx
    Free Member

I actually saw an old dear find her dogs turd ,bag it & pocket it yesterday. But the rest of the place ( it’s an area of special scientific interest) had bagged turds in trees ,on paths,etc 🙄😡

chilled76
    Free Member

My in laws hang them in branches and then pick them up on their return loop. Chances are a lot of the ones you see do get picked up. Saves the owner carrying a bag of shit for their whole walk.

Mintyjim

No one was coming back for this bad boy. The place was deserted and is the highest point, on the coast, for miles.

It’s a pig of a climb too so no one was coming back. It’s grim.

We had organic material bags when we had a dog. They should ban anything but these.

On the track along the estuary to Newport Pembs they’re everywhere and every other place we walk/cycle.

Probably the same sort of dog walker who refuses to put their dog on a lead despite signs requesting this – because their dog is special. Some people are just twunts I suppose.

theotherjonv

Some people are just twunts I suppose.

Yep. Just like you’d get the same conclusion if you took as your sample cyclists, men with beards, people called Jon, people born in May…… there will be a proportion who are twunts.

There are an estimated 8.9M dogs in the UK. If everyone left their shit behind the place would be awash in no time. The vast majority are responsible, do pick up and dispose properly, and in fact also use biodegradable / compostable bags too.

But the minority always **** it up and make sure we get tarred by the same brush.

kerley
    Free Member

I use bio degradable bags when in towns, on pavements etc,. but where I live in the forest it just gets left to decompose naturally (along with the fox poo, deer poo, horse poo etc,.) as that is always the better option than using another plastic bag, even if it is a bio degradable one.

slowoldman

It’s becoming more and more apparent to me that many more are twunts than I had imagined a few short years ago.

orangespyderman

It’s becoming more and more apparent to me that many more are twunts than I had imagined a few short years ago.

To paraphrase a French humourist “Every year there are more and more twunts, but this year I have the impression next year’s twunts are already here”

franksinatra

the actual statistic is 4%.

Once you realise that 4% of the population are twunts, life becomes much easier to explain. 4% of colleagues, neighbours, family or strangers are twunts. Sometimes more, sometimes less, but it averages out.

Next time someone winds you up, just consider them to be one of the 4% and move on.

theotherjonv

I use bio degradable bags when in towns, on pavements etc,. but where I live in the forest it just gets left to decompose naturally (along with the fox poo, deer poo, horse poo etc,.) as that is always the better option than using another plastic bag, even if it is a bio degradable one.

I disagree (and have said so in the past)

1/ dog waste is not the same as wildlife waste (even carnivorous wildlife) – https://lnt.org/blog/wildlife-poop-versus-dog-poop-explained  The nutrients that are added to dog foods are not beneficial and can be harmful to the natural ecosystem

2/ Just because it isn’t on a path doesn’t mean someone isn’t going to go there – kids love exploring off the tracks for example. And when my dog craps off the path and I go to pick it up, it’s like a minefield trying to hopscotch over your dog’s waste to get to it.

Particularly on military areas, where soldiers dig and crawl and everything else for days on end – I wouldn’t want to do that with your dog’s deposits smeared up the front of my combat jacket.

3/ “that is always the better option than using another plastic bag, even if it is a bio degradable one”
    I argue the opposite – bagging for later disposal is never wrong as long as you use a (properly) biodegradable bag, stick and flick can sometimes be OK but sometimes not. Plastic bags, and bags hung in trees….. same should be done to the owners.

digga
    Free Member

All I will say is this: when I am King, there will be snipers.

You lot get me crowned and I will see to it. This will stop.

slowoldman

the actual statistic is 4%.

Ah, I thought it was 50% give or take 2%.

IdleJon

I had the impression that the number of dogs was increasing but the Guardian suggests that it’s starting to drop. However it has increased massively in my lifetime:

after decades of the number of dogs and cats in Britain increasing (from an estimated 4.7m dogs and 4.1m cats in 1965 to 9m dogs and 7.9m cats in 2014), a Pet Food Manufacturers’ Association survey last year found a fall to 8.5m dogs and 7.4m cats last year

I am finding that certain places are becoming no-go areas if I don’t want to stand in dog mess. We have to stay on the paths in my local park, for instance. Certain dog owners don’t care where their mutts shit, even knowing that the park is heavily used by families and kids. (This is the park that Dylan Thomas wrote lovingly about, next to his childhood home.)

The vast majority are responsible, do pick up and dispose properly, and in fact also use biodegradable / compostable bags too.

I’m not sure about the ‘vast majority’ bit. I didn’t see much evidence of dog walkers carrying bags of shit when I was riding around Gower yesterday and the day before. I saw plenty of dog walkers and there are few bins. If a dog shits in the bushes, or where they can’t see it, it gets left there.

nealglover
    Free Member

I didn’t see much evidence of dog walkers carrying bags of shit when I was riding around Gower yesterday and the day before.

You know the ones that do pick up after their dogs don’t hang the bags of shit off the brim of their hats so you can see clearly who they are don’t you ?

Jakester
    Free Member

If everyone left their shit behind the place would be awash in no time.

Funny, I thought it already was…

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I am naturally a confrontational person. I would happily confront someone on anything I deemed antisocial.

Youths swearing
    Fighting
    Dog shit in or out of bags
    Poor parking
    Etc etc

After recent events where I have ended up in arguments with school bus trip mothers for being fat lazy gits who can’t park safely (I wait for the day one of the kids gets run over and they try to blame the driver)and a well presented 50+ lady who I confronted about not picking up their dogshit I have come to a conclusion.

Everyone is capable of being a ****. Even the people you would least expect it from. I now walk my dog in a different place to avoid people and find it so much nicer.

For what it’s worth I fall into the BAG EVERY SHIT UP. Even if it is going to degrade eventually if flicked in the bushes etc I find in most popular walking spots there is no escape from the sheer smell of shit. It’s disgusting.

I would be very interested in purchasing a bagging system where the bag is fully degradable which I could drop into maybe a bucket of chemicals each day and recycle. Even though I bag the shits every day, I feel very guilty about disposing of them into the rubbish collection system as though it’s not my problem

IdleJon

You know the ones that do pick up after their dogs don’t hang the bags of shit off the brim of their hats so you can see clearly who they are don’t you ?

Well obviously – they all slip the bags into their body-warmers, don’t they!

martinhutch

I had the impression that the number of dogs was increasing but the Guardian suggests that it’s starting to drop.

We’ll be reduced to eating the buggers by April or May, though, which should start sorting things out. 🙂

I’m off out to cycle past my local hanging shite-bag tree in a minute. There really is no reasoning with people who can reconcile this with acceptable behaviour.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Can we please not do this argument again?! As a dog owner and rider I always pick up the turds and take them home. I often pick up other people’s when I’m at the woods so I don’t have to ride through it.
    Let’s not judge everyone with the same sh*t covered stick j

#metoo I also bag up free roaming turds and bin them as it pisses me off, or do the stick n flick if I’m the woods/thicket which is possibly the best solution.

scuttler

Chances are a lot of the ones you see do get picked up

hahahahabhahahaahahahahahahahahahahaha

IdleJon

or do the stick n flick if I’m the woods/thicket which is possibly the best solution.

Because nobody ever goes off the path…..

GavinB

I didn’t realise this until I moved back to Scotland, but it’s an offence to not clear up your dog’s mess from any area, whether it is a wood, top of a hill, public park etc. Different legislation down south, and I know it’s down to who enforces it, or a viable deterrent being there, but at least it does away with any ambiguity about where it is ok or not.

Drac

I was out walking my dog through a small wood the other week, it was nice to see mountain biker had left an inner tube hanging in the trees. I guess he left it there in case someone got a puncture, very kind of them.

kerley
    Free Member

I disagree (and have said so in the past)

1/ dog waste is not the same as wildlife waste (even carnivorous wildlife) – https://lnt.org/blog/wildlife-poop-versus-dog-poop-explained The nutrients that are added to dog foods are not beneficial and can be harmful to the natural ecosystem

And what if the dogs don’t eat dog food? As I said, better to leave the poo under the hedges than to use any sort of bag. It be be gone within a few days of rain.

theotherjonv

From that i assume you feed yours from scratch or a raw food diet then, but i suspect that makes you an exception rather than the rule.

I withdraw point 1 in your case then.

IdleJon

As I said, better to leave the poo under the hedges than to use any sort of bag. It be be gone within a few days of rain.

Why not take it home and spread it around your garden so that the rain can get rid of it there, instead of leaving it where people can walk in it?

Richie_B

It’s often more direct than unbalancing the ecosystem, I know of at least one local farmer who has cows which can’t carry calves to term because of some virus they’ve picked up from dog poo. I can’t imagine he’s the only one and it’s not like he’s working to huge profit margins (if there is a profit).

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘******* dog poo in bags!’ is closed to new replies.