Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Fizik saddles , just wondering.
  • oldfart

Is there anybody out there that find them remotely comfortable? 🤔 ( Not a stealth and btw genuinely interested)Though no one on here is interested either hence the question I’ve had 2 new bikes that had them on , first was a HT , that was painful 😳 just got an Orbea Rise with one on , thought being full suss it might be better . 5 rides in nope ! 🙄
    Gutted that the Charge Spoon no longer exists though some still available here and there but Madison Flux seems identical so my backside is happy again 👍😎

weeksy

MErlin have loads of Spoons…

https://www.merlincycles.com/search?w=spoon

DougD

Recently got a Tempo Argo R3 saddle for the road/gravel bike and find that really comfortable. It replaced a Specialized Romin Evo that I’d had for quite a few years. On the flip side, I had a Gobi on the MTB and never found that comfortable, no idea why I put up with it for so long.

13thfloormonk

Yep, the Antares seems to be my perfect road and gravel saddle. The nose is nice and flat so you can rotate forward to get the power down, but the taper to the wings is quite abrupt which leaves more real estate for bigger thighs 🙄 I also find it has just the right amount of kick to the tail, enough to support the pelvis but not so much that it tips all your weight forwards.

It’s all very personal of course…

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Yes! Antares R1 on all my road, CX and gravel set ups. Super comfy.

I will agree that the Tundra on my Rise was agony! Replace with a cheap Fabric saddle from CRC. much comfort.

hb70

@oldfart agree the Fizik on my Rise is really uncomfortable. As I’ve searched for comfort I’ve used a Fabric Scoop saddle, and taken lots more air out of both shocks than i would normally in order to take the stiffness out. I have an H30 so cheaper suspension but agree it was pretty uncomfortable.

TiRed

Love them, from the short Ares on a 12hr TT, to the Antares on cross to Aliante on MTB, to Arione on multiple road. I have a pretty insensitive arse though. A nice scoop was to be had in the old Flite Ti and the Arione has the same length but not the indent. The Aliante has the scoop but not the length. A lot of people find this very comfortable.

Oh my lordy the bit days of freaky Gobis

That brings back some strange feelings 😜

clubby

Had a Tundra on an old Cannondale and hated it. Had a couple of road ones on my Canyons and liked them.
    Then again,I think I’m the only person on here that didn’t get on with the Charge Spoon and didn’t find the Fabric Scoop much better.

Haven’t had any bother saddle wise for years, but have struggled to get a comfy one for my newest bike. Even swapped over the one from my old bike before selling it, but it didn’t work. Had been fine for six years and same model still fine on hardtail. Wondering if the steeper seat angle on modern bikes is putting more pressure on different areas?

schmiken

I have a Fizik Aliante on every bike – find it supremely comfortable.

therevokid
    Free Member

tried aaliante, antares and arione. only the antares came close to being bareable for
    a short time … borrowed a mates bike that had one of the shorter modern Flites on it
    and love at first sit …. but by christ they’re expensive!

Futureboy77

I find the Arione really comfy on the road bike.

desperatebicycle

I used to really like the Nisene HP. So they stopped making it. Now I’m all WTB.

13thfloormonk

I looked at a Tundra but couldn’t get my head around the dimensions, the ‘regular’ was 125mm across the wings, or 20mm narrower than a standard saddle, so wouldn’t most people just be hanging off the sides? I guess they made it narrower to make it easier for MTBers to move around on it as there was less saddle sticking out either side, but still looked pretty uncomfortable…

13thfloormonk

borrowed a mates bike that had one of the shorter modern Flites on it
    and love at first sit …. but by christ they’re expensive!

Weird. I find the Flite a very similar shape from above, but with very slightly less of a dip in the middle, and harder padding. Might put my one on the CX bike just because it had less pointy sides which might be welcome in the hurly burly of a race, but otherwise it just seems very similar but harder and a tiny bit supportive.

Great saddle if you’re just putting the hammer down though, you can just perch on the nose and the saddle sort of disappears beneath you.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I’m fine with them but find I can sit on just about anything. Was a serial spoon buyer but funnily enough found they degraded quicker than anything I’ve had before, the padding seemed to give up the ghost quite quickly, wasn’t a problem as they were so cheap but turned a saddle into a consumable which isn’t ideal.

matt_outandabout

Then again,I think I’m the only person on here that didn’t get on with the Charge Spoon and didn’t find the Fabric Scoop much better.

You are not alone.

chestrockwell

I bought a Gobi back when all the mags said they were the best saddle ever. It was hideous.

kerley
    Free Member

I find Ariones great but they just look about a metre long when on the bike.

cookeaa

I have a Gobi in the spares box, periodically I fit it to yet another bike then after a couple of rides remember why it was in the spares bin…

I have a WTB or spoon shaped arse…

Sandwich

The Gobi was the only one I wasn’t comfortable on. Antares for road and a grooved one for gravel. The hard tail has a Merida own brand on it.

wheeliedirty
    Free Member

As long as the saddle is 147mm wide or above and has a cut out my bottom is comfortable.

I have three bikes with three different saddles, one of which is a Fizik Tempo Argo

mert
    Free Member

I’m had a multitude of Fizik saddles over the last ~20 years, the only one i’ve not found comfortable is the latest one i got, an Argo R3. So i popped an ancient Arione on there.

RichBowman

I ended up with one of the ’29er’ saddles (Thor? Thar? Something like that). Was an emergency purchase from the Wheelbase bargain bucket after breaking my Ergon in a crash and on my way to the next ride (this was last year). No idea what qualified it as 29er specific, but it wasn’t too bad. Though didn’t last long on the bike.

I guess this is more a cathartic confession that I was one of those who bought one, however inadvertently…

The-Beard

I quite liked the Gobi!  Bought a Tundra and hated it though.  Used an Arione for a long time, currently got one on my gravel bike.

richardthird

Me and all my mates were pleasantly surpRISEd by how great we area all getting on with the Fizik on the Orbea.

I expected to hate it, have had Ergon for years up ’til now. Damn, now my grips and saddle don’t match.

Bazz

Not a genuine one, but Planet X did a copy of the Arione i believe, which I still have on my road bike, and i find that supremely comfortable, when it eventually wears out i intend to replace it with a proper one.
    I also have a collection of Spoons on all my other bikes as well as some spares in all the original colours.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I used to have a Gobi on my old Giant XTC which was supremely comfortable and I also used an Arione on my road bike which I got on with. I tried the Tundra but that was too board like.
    Now have Fabric Scoop saddles on all my bikes and get on with them too.
    One saddle that I never got on with was the Prologo Kappa.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.