Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fizik Artica boots
  • slowoldman

I currently use Fizik road shoes which I like and I’m looking at the Artica boots (either 3 or 2 bolt, not really sure which way to go). Does anyone here use them and have any comments? In shoes I find Fizik sizing is my normal shoe size but for boots should I size up a bit for thicker socks or is that already “designed in”?

trailwagger
    Free Member

Not directly but a mate has them and rates them. As with most boots water can and will get in via the cuff so dont expect them to be totally waterproof.

dovebiker

I generally go up half/one Euro size for winter boots for more wriggle room / thicker socks.

wooderson

I’ve just bought some Artica R5s. First ever winter boots or indeed shoe from Fizik.

I’m a 43 in most normal shoes, 44 for cycling shoes (S-works). I tried on 44 and 45 Articas and the 44 was comfortably a bit larger to accommodate a thicker sock. I think a thicker sock is needed after two rides to test them out and they are a touch loose, even fully cranked with the ‘laces’.

Seem very good though. So far, waterproof after 2hrs of road spray and using a hose to clean them after. Like the snowboard boot style inner laces and the stiffness is very good – comparible to my very stiff S-works summer shoes.

Got a good discount in store and a set of Keo cleats thrown in too. Thanks Surrey Hills Cycleworks 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

Fizik always come up small and narrow ime, so I’d size up but the worry about cleat position being too far forward

slowoldman

Thanks for the comments. I think I might go for 2 bolt with platform pedals as they are most likely to be used on the gravel bike. Or I might go mad and get both!!

slowoldman

Thanks Hannah but I’m looking at these

Artica R5

or the X5. Those Terras are a bit erm, chunky, not to mention spendy.

kirky72
    Free Member

I have the exact ones bought earl6 this year for the cold and wet rides. Great shoes so far, not entirely waterproof as it can come down from above and the cuffs can’t be too tight or wouldn’t be comfortable. However are good for general road spray and light showers and if your feet do get wet they are kept warm within the shoe.

I bought an half size up, I’m a perfect 8 got and 8.5, for wiggle room toe wise. However I would say the upper of your foot could be tight if you have slighter fleshier feet, mine are quite lean, as if the pull tab from the figment isn’t stowed away to the side you can feel it and it’s all pretty well fitted once zipped with not much room for margin on the instep.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fizik Artica boots’ is closed to new replies.