Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • fixing cut tyres
  • andy7t2
    Free Member

managed to get a 1/2 inch cut in my road tyres, the tyre is practically brand new so is there anyway of fixing it or best just to buy a new one

fasthaggis

I have used superglue in the past ( worked quite well),but never on a cut that big.

Onzadog
    Free Member

That size and on a road tyre, just bin it. Smaller and on an off road tyres, I’d suggest a car repair plug patch.

glenh
    Free Member

I’ve used super glue and a inner tube patch on the inside of the tyre on my road tyres successfully, but only for much smaller cuts.
    At 1/2″, I would chuck it.

coopersport1
    Free Member

Bin! Even if you do manage to repair it, likelyhood is at somepoint it’ll ruin your ride again!

alfabus
    Free Member

if you do manage to fix it, i’d strongly consider only running it on the back…. front tyre blowout at speed is not fun; back also not great, but vastly preferable!

Dave

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

sew it with dental floss, patch on the inside

njee20
    Free Member

Does the dental floss thing work? I’ve got a small pile of ripped tyres that I’ve never brought myself to throw out, keep meaning to try! Some with fairly big holes.

coopersport1
    Free Member

The floss thing will work with some patching on the inside too, but best as a get you home fix, some will run them normally
    I’d never consider trying to repair a road tyre because of the 100psi they run at, bit different on an mtb tyre with only 25-35psi

shortcut

You honestly want to fix a tyre that is less than 25 mm wide, pumped to 125psi and which you ride at upto say 45mph.

Brave man!!!

Bin it!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘fixing cut tyres’ is closed to new replies.