Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • fixing a tall pull out larder to the wall
  • qwerty
    Free Member

We have purchased two tall pull out larders which are 2150 plus legs high, this gives approx 3cm between the top of the unit and the ceiling.

As i can’t get access to fix the units to the wall from the top whats the best way to achieve this?

There is a panel approx 6″ wide halfway up the back of the unit which i could screw to the wall, but i’m thinking fitting at the top would be best as once open there will be a lot of weight trying to topple it.

Its a plasterboard wall, carcass backs are thin board except for the 6″ wide center strip which appears to be fixed to the main 18mm carcass with dowels.

Cheers

kcr
    Free Member

If there is only 3cm clearance, wedge some wood between the top and the ceiling?

br
    Free Member

If you fix it on the half way point, that should secure it. But could always add another ‘plank’ at the top (inside) by reducing the length of the back sheet.

project
    Free Member

2 sky hooks,

project
    Free Member

seriously get 2 3 inch angle brackets, drill a series of small holes down inside of unit through the back big enough to slide angle bracket through, fix angle bracket to inside of unit usiung 5 /8ths screws, then drill through bracket into back of unit , place unit on wall and then drill through unit back and into wall, and use palsterboard plugs or toggle plugs, if your lucky you may hit a stud.

BEWARE OF ERRANT ELECTRIC CABLES THOUGH.

seahouse
    Free Member

http://www.screwfix.com/p/stretcher-plates-self-colour-38-x-28-x-25mm-pack-of-10/12920

I would get a couple of these and fix them to the underside of the top from the inside as well as the center strap. You will need to find the timber straps behind the plasterboard to fix them to and if the units are sitting beside each other screw them together, this will make them more stable.

qwerty
    Free Member

It is weird how the mind works, I awoke this morning with the solution in my head!

40mm service voids, so after marking out the carcass framework on the wall I’m gonna double up on 20mmx44mm pse, fix that to the wall with cavity fixings as dry lined, then angle brackets on the inside of the units. Will do two per cabinet, one at top, one a third down.

Cheers all. Happy kitchen fitting!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘fixing a tall pull out larder to the wall’ is closed to new replies.