Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fixing a down jacket
  • shermer75
    Free Member

I’ve just out a centimetre long rip in my down jacket. It’s a really nice one and very valuable to me, so what’s the best way to repair it? Will super glue work? Don’t really want to gaffer tape it because it looks ugly…

djglover
    Free Member

What brand?  my Rab one was fixed at Rab with the same material when I caught it on a door handle.  £25 I think.

Cowman

McNett tenacious tale is good. Make sure you cut a small bit however and know it’ll need replacing every now and again depending of where the tear is.

http://m.gooutdoors.co.uk/mcnett-gear-aid-tenacious-tape-p107605

CHB

My 20 year old RAB got a slash in it as I carried a sheet of greenhouse glass. I repaired it with spinnaker tape from Amazon. The tape is like a ripstop pertex and gives a rapair which is functional and barely noticeable. If it was a new jacket then I would get a professional repair.

smokey_jo

Fixed my ski pants with Bo Nash fuse it powder.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

My RAB has been repaired 3 times by a Polish guy in Harrogate who does all kinds of repairs/alterations. I could show you the big one on the sleeve but I can’t see/remember where the others were. Not expensive either, certainly not £25. £5-10 maybe.

I think mines made of bog paper though cos I just have to pass a hawthorn bush & the bloody thing tears.

somouk
    Free Member

North Face also do a repair service where they replace the panel.

dovebiker

McNett Goretex Repair Patches – use a low heat iron and its pretty permanent

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fixing a down jacket’ is closed to new replies.