Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fixed my record player
  • duncancallum

Forgot how nice it is to sit and actually listen to an album rather than chop n change

This evenings highlight was Mountain live and Nantucket sleighride

Not clever enough to embed youtube so…

jamj1974

I totally agree.  When I put a record on, I concentrate on listening and enjoy it more.

FB-ATB

Think it goes back to getting into music when you’re a kid and there are no other distractions from just listening to a LP. Then you get a house, kids etc and music gets put on in the background.

Could really do with getting my Little Pink Thing fixed as it’s such a good turntable. However it will cost more than decent turntable from Rega to fix.

slowoldman

Nantucket sleighride

Ah yes, part of that was used as the theme music for “Weekend World”, a politics show with Brian Walden. I thought it was brilliant but was massively disappointed when I heard the whole thing. A bit dreary really.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

uh-oh! be warned, some years ago i made a very similar post on here saying the same after digging my old TT, amp and speakers (from student days in the 90s), and then i asked about a better turntable, then an amp… and now 3 or 4 years later one wall of my home office looks like a record shop and the other end is dominated by my system.

its a slippery slope i tell you.

ian-r

When you get to the point of looking at tt drive bands that cost more than a decent mtb tyre you need to worry. It’s an elastic band!!!

chakaping
    Free Member

You just paste the YouTube URL in Duncan, forum does the embedding.

Talking to the lads at work about vinyl made me decide to get my turntable up and running again. Have to wait til after payday though.

zbonty

Always been a constant feature in my life for nearly 30 years.
    A couple of Technics upstairs, then a deck in the lounge and one in the dining room.
    Quite a ‘lot’ of choice in terms of what I can listen too aswell!

avdave2

Your record player you say

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fixed my record player’ is closed to new replies.