Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Five Ten Freeriders
  • jfeb
    Free Member

Has anyone tried out a pair of Five Ten Freeriders? They look a lot less clown-like than Impact Lows but I am wondering if the soles are stiff enough, as apparently they are less stiff than Impacts. There are hardly any reviews of these online though.

TheDoog
    Free Member

Just ordered some freeriders cos my impacts get a bit sweaty in summer, i dare say the freeriders wont be as stiff/grippy as the impacts. And impacts aren’t clown like, they’re niche-cool. And i’ve worn em to the pub with no negativity!!!

guitarhero
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair. The soles are a bit thinner than the impacts, but that’s a good thing cause you get a bit more ‘feel’ from the pedals.
    The rubber is a little less sticky which again is a good thing cause you can move your feet around a bit more, but they stay put when you want them too. Super comfy too.
    So answering your question, yes they are a little less stiff, but in a good way. I haven’t noticed any loss in power HTH

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Been riding some Freeriders for about 2 months now. Very happy with them, and find the grip fine for me with Shimano DX flats, except for rocky climbs where I can get bounced off a bit. However I don’t do big drops or jumps.

Difficult to compare as they were my first venture away from SPD’s. Definitely not as stiff as the SPD’s of course, but I have not been noticably slower up hill, and find them really comfortable. As The Doog said, they actually look pretty cool, whereas if you wore Impacts to the pub you would need extra length trousers with big flares to try to hide them

TheDoog
    Free Member

I meant i’d worn impacts to the pub!!!! In funky fox shorts too, no one cared least of all me.

jfeb
    Free Member

Which types have you guys bought (white/burgundy, grey/black, white/black)? The materials used in the uppers look like they really vary according to the colour. The white/burgundy ones look the most practical/wipe clean.

TheDoog
    Free Member

Grey/Black ordered.

grumm
    Free Member

Got some white/burgundy ones in the CRC 10% off thing. Very pleased with em – not tried the impact ones to compare to, but the sole looks the same. They look really nice in the flesh, better than in the pics.

Riding wise they feel great – just changed from SPDs and been using old vans which were fine but these feel really good, bit more like being clipped in but you are still free to move your foot around or take it off when cornering etc.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Agree with Grumm on feeling like clipped in but can still move your foot around.

Got the grey/black – seem to come up perfectly with just a blast of the hose after a ride.

jfeb
    Free Member

Thanks chaps. I have taken the plunge (after much deliberating over Impact2 vs Freerider). Leisure Lakes (not my favourite online retailer) have 10% off so I have given them a go…

GW
    Free Member

I meant i’d worn impacts to the pub!!!! In funky fox shorts too, no one cared least of all me.

too busy looking for your wee box to put their change in? 😛

jedi

pmsl@gw 🙂 🙂

pedalhead
    Free Member

What’s the sizing of these shoes like?

jfeb
    Free Member

The general feedback seems to be normal/average. All my riding shoes are 11/46 so I have gone for that.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Five Ten Freeriders’ is closed to new replies.