Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Five ten Freerider pro
  • dumbbot
    Free Member

Need a new pair of mtb shoes, my current pair of Five ascents are dreadful for getting water logged but are really comfy, but have held up well to a few years of abuse.

I tried a pair of the Freerider Pro’s today, fully expecting just got ‘yup they’ll do nicely thanks’…except I didn’t like them. The Upper material felt very, very stiff to the point where when I bent my foot the creased material dug into the top of my foot and was uncomfortable.

I’d like to know if anyone else experienced this, or if the material softened up over time? They aint cheap to be uncomfortable.

honourablegeorge

Oh. I had these on my list too. Inteested to hear.

mahalo

i have just bought my third pair. love them. cant imagine there is anything better for me.

but yes, they are definitely a little stiff out the box. soon soften up tho.

cb200
    Free Member

I’ve had mine for about 18 months, and yes they do soften up. I remember them feeling stiff, but not uncomfortable initially. In comparison to my Ion Raid shoes, the Freerider Pros are less stiff, more comfortable, more durable, and grip the pedals much better

bigjim

they’re comfy but don’t last, mine are really coming apart after a year now.

SOAP
    Free Member

I’ve got some for sale in a 7 if that any good to you.

1timmy1
    Free Member

I thought the same when I tried mine on, a bit stiffer than my well worn Freerider Elements, but they do soften up after a few rides and now I don’t notice them at all.

cupotea

Ditto here, too. I was expecting where they creased to really annoying me but I’ve never noticed. I’ve also been worried they will crack where they crease but after 700 miles they are still ok. Winter will tell I guess but they are veeeery comfy for riding, as well as some forced walking up Helvellyn and super rocky bits of the Peaks.

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>Recommeded. If you find anything better let me know. </span>

dumbbot
    Free Member

I’ve also been worried they will crack where they crease

This was my concern also, I’m temted to try those Giro Riddance although I do have wide feet. I’m just not really comfortable spunking £120 brick on a pair of shoe that aren’t …eer comfortable out of the box.

https://singletrackworld.com/2018/07/review-the-grio-riddance-flat-pedal-shoe-uses-a-vibram-megagrip-sole-for-flatpedalthunder/

peaslaker
    Free Member

Giro Riddance aren’t any good for grip.  Seriously dreadful.

Back to Five Tens for me.

andytheadequate
    Free Member

The sole is much stiffer than my previous Five Tens too. Not sure if I prefer it or not, but I really struggled on my first few rides as I couldn’t feel the pedals.

They still take years to get too.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Five ten Freerider pro’ is closed to new replies.