Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • five ten alternative,what shoes a ya wearing ?
  • reedspeed
    Free Member

I’ve got some five ten impacts, & as much as I like them,I would like a lighter smaller summer type shoe,I’m not on clips,so what’s the alternatives,what’s everyone wearing?.

prettygreenparrot

I’m looking at the Teva Links. I’m hoping that their non-wetting material will mean they don’t fester after they get damp like my 5-10s seem to have.

yunki
    Free Member

I treated myself to some Vans Gravel.. I like them

_tom_
    Free Member

Orchid cobra low bmx shoes. Best shoes I’ve had for biking, they’ve lasted me ages as well and still seem to have life left in them.

cakefacesmallblock

Just bought Teva Links. One ride so far, seem comfy and grippy, even in the wet, on my Gusset Slim Jim mag pedals.

aguesty1
    Free Member

Had my Teva links for about 3 months, great shoe. Not as grippy as the five ten but I like that as i find five tens are difficult to reposition. Teva line are seriously comfy and light, just given em a sniff and they win festering like my five tens did. Go for the Teva, they’re great!

reedspeed
    Free Member

Just looked at the Tevas,the colours are a bit…… 😕

reedspeed
    Free Member

Five Tens are grippy,like yah say a bit too much sometimes,great winter/allround shoe,but the Teva does seem more trainer like,its just them Lawrence Llewelyn colours…ok if ure fifteen got spots & a floppy fringe..

aguesty1
    Free Member

Suppose it depends how old you are, the grey blue with yellow laces also come with a grey lace so not as garish….Plus they are generally covered in mud, rather have the tevas and they way they look over five ten orthopaedic looking shoes!

cakefacesmallblock

The colours are the biggest issue I have with them, went for the black / purple ones. Our local trails will soon permanently dumb down the white bits !
    The grey, in the blue yellow and grey ones, was too close a match for my hair ! 🙄

reedspeed
    Free Member

i could always get a coloured rinse i suppose ! 😉

trevron73
    Free Member

Ice cream sneakers,dice flavour ,Pharrel Williams clothing line skate shoes ,they have a very sticky sole and very hard wearing ,my Beartrap pedals just love them .

alexpalacefan

5-Ten basics. Just a light, canvas shoe. Ideal for summer (if it’s here), nice and light.

Ideal for winter, don’t hold too much water and dry quickly.

Oh, and cheap(er) 🙂

APF

aracer
    Free Member

I have some Vans Gravel which are nice, but as often as not I find myself riding in a £20 pair of low cut Duffs skate shoes at the moment. Admittedly that’s for messing around more than riding anywhere – I guess if I’m going out for a proper ride I do tend to wear the Gravels.

proberts
    Free Member

I’ve got the Teva links, they’re ultra comfy and nice and light. I’m looking at getting some 5-10 spitfire as I’d like some more grip. The Tevas are for sale if anyone’s interested??

Paul

Sadoldsamurai

As an older (65 this month) rider I still don’t think you can beat shimano’s classic MTB AM 41’s..mine stick to the pedals..keep my feet dry, wash off easy..and are dry by next day…
    and the starship trooper look..who cares?

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I’ve got some five ten impacts, & as much as I like them,I would like a lighter smaller summer type shoe

5-10 Freerider. Basically a bike orientated skate shoe but still with 5-10 rubber

stevede
    Free Member

The new model teva links come in a far more acceptable all black colour (albeit with dodgy coloured laces instead).

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘five ten alternative,what shoes a ya wearing ?’ is closed to new replies.