Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fitting bush to a Fox Van rc
  • luffy105
    Free Member

Apologies for the numpty question but just trying to fit my newly purchased shock. It has come from mojo supplied with the bushes in little bags but the orange lined bush (sleeve?) seems incredibly tight trying to insert it into the shock. I’m worried about getting it in without damaging the shock by using a bloody big hammer.

Am I a) being dim or b) doing something wrong?

Does anyone have any tips for getting it in? I have greased lightly

Thanks

luffy105
    Free Member

Thanks Rob. Didn’t realise I needed a tool. Bugger!

Not sure why it didn’t come fitted but sure there’s a sensible reason.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Don’t need a tool. You should be able to use a vice and socket to press it in.

luffy105
    Free Member

I don’t have a vice unfortunately. Must admit would rather buy a vice than a tool

robhughes
    Free Member

Using the tool is a better way to put them in.There,s no reason why they could,nt have fitted them for you though.Also buy a vice.never know when you,ll need one.. 😉

Northwind

Washers and a bolt will also do the job fine. Quite surprised they don’t come preinstalled tbh!

robhughes
    Free Member

Used that in the past Northwind but i got addicted to bike tools not long after that… 😆

Northwind

Yeah, I do like my little bushing fitter/puller. I like it more for removing than fitting mind!

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    Yeah, I do like my little bushing fitter/puller. I like it more for removing than fitting mind!

I’n with you there. I always use the tool for removing bushings but it’s far easier to put them in by pressing them in using a vice.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fitting bush to a Fox Van rc’ is closed to new replies.