Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fitting a standard reverb
  • phil40
    Free Member

Hi,

I am thinking of getting a reverb for my bike, after trying one on a mates bike I really liked being able to drop the seat any time I wanted. I phoned up my lbs to enquire about getting one and they quoted £300 and then £30+ on top to fit it!

Looking at the online deals I can save about £100 on that price, I do like to shop at my lbs, but I can’t justify over £100 difference! Hw difficult are the reverbs to fit? I have a fair selection of tools, and plenty of time, I just don’t want to start a job that is fair too tricky for my own set of basic skills. The shop said it was a tricky job, which is why they had to charge labour on top!

phil40
    Free Member

Far not fair!

windydave13
    Free Member

Takes about 10mins max even with cutting the hose down to size.
    Most time consuming bit is getting your saddle back in the same position!!

jimw
    Free Member

I have fitted a couple of standard Reverbs. Only tricky part is deciding where to route the hose- cutting down length didn’t require bleeding in either case. Taken carefully and slowly never having down one before I would guess at between 45mins and an hour absolute max . I did the second one in less than 20 mins

phil40
    Free Member

Cool, that’s saved me a load of cash 🙂

tomd
    Free Member

Takes about 10mins max

You’re amazing.

I’ve done a couple and first time was probably an hour all in and thirty mins the second time. First time a bit of air got in when I cut the cable so it needed a bleed. Second time was no bother. As above, spend time routing the cable carefully, checking it doesn’t get pinched or crushed if it’s a full sus in all possible positions. You might also need to spend a bit of time fiddling with the lever position depending on your bar setup.

RobHilton
    Free Member

tomd – Member
    Takes about 10mins max
    You’re amazing.

I’ve done a couple and first time was probably an hour all in and thirty mins the second time

How stoned were you sarky bloke? Took me 10 mins, cos it’s a piece of piss.

Also didn’t need to cut the cable, and I’ve got a tiny bike – just have it wind round the seatpost so it doesn’t flap about in the down position.

tomd
    Free Member

It never occurred to me to wrap the cable round because I like doing a proper job of stuff and would look rubbish.

RobHilton
    Free Member

And if you want to move it to another bike you’re not limited by how short you’ve cut it.

But it’s how it looks that’s important.

Funnily enough I’ve never seen anyone else wrap the cable, but then most people aren’t nearly as smart as me.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fitting a standard reverb’ is closed to new replies.