Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Fitting a new wing mirror. Ford focus.
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

Some pisswinkle in a caravan took my wing mirror off on a tight section of road and vamoosed. So. Is getting a “new” one from the scrappy and nailing it on myself a goer, got a light in there but other than should be simple enough, yeah? How much gaffer tape will I need?

GrahamS

Is it heated?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

No it’s an older car, 59 plate mk2 so just indicator and adjuster bob

breadcrumb

The wife’s 52 plate 206 had heated mirrors. I only noticed when they started to steam when I used the heated rear screen.

GrahamS

It’s not so much an age thing. My 57 plate Focus has heated wing mirrors.

Bound to be a guide on YouTube though. I always find videos more helpful than dry instructions.

Jamie
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/irh2HQ_ALm4[/video]

Lifer
    Free Member

Pfffffft I had to take off the whole door card to change the mirror on my Avensis.

rocket
    Free Member

Love this forum! I have exactly same job to do (Tesco delivery driver, now denying he was in area despite witnesses). Seen complete units for mk2 focus on Amazon for around £40. That video will be very useful – cheers Jamie.

shifter
    Free Member

I’d be surprised if that Tesco van’s every movement isn’t tracked.

rocket
    Free Member

I’d be surprised if that Tesco van’s every movement isn’t tracked

Yeah, me too. Latest i had from the case handler was asking for more details as they couldn’t identify a vehicle in the area at the time. Will be following up with them on Monday.

zilog6128

If it’s similar to a mk1 it’s a piece of piss. Cost me £26 delivered for a new electric, heated wing mirror on eBay a few years back. Such a great car, so cheap to fix!

anagallis_arvensis

Just dont do what I did on a cold december night, spen ages getting the door trim off unbolt the broken mirror and then realise the ebay seller had sent the wrong side out!!

theotherjonv

Took me ages and a load of hassle when someone did it to my 60 plate smax, seems almost every model year has a slightly different pattern, so the one I got from the ebay scrappy even though it fitted ok the indicator didnt work so the car then failed the mot. Even the big car factors couldnt get the right part, and in the end had to go to ford for it. For note however, ford sell the mirror in bits (body, colour matched cover, glass, indicator lens, etc) so I only needed the body from ford, and transplanted the bit from the scrappy one to save cost….although I still spent more overall than getting it from ford in the first place!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Fitting a new wing mirror. Ford focus.’ is closed to new replies.