Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fitting a dropper lever with minimum bar space
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

On my new XC FS the bar is rather busy with levers and things,theres obviously the pair of brake levers and the RH shifter.

But on the left, under the bar is the lever to lockout the front & rear suspension.

I’d like to fit a dropper (currently have a Reverb with a LH under button) but theres a distinct lack of space, any ideas?

I’m not adverse to swapping the Reverb for a cable operated one, but the routing is rather tight through the BB shell, so the hydraulic option avoids any potential cable snags.

martinhutch

If you’re not tied to the Reverb, you can get a 2x remote like this one for cable operated droppers.

https://www.coloradocyclist.com/bike-yoke-2x-dropper-remote-with-clamp

Mine sits just above the twin lockout – works fine, you get used to it pretty quickly.

Trimix
    Free Member

Reverb remote can use the same bracket as Sram brakes, or using a special bracket you can mount it on Shimano bracket. I had a remote and lockout on the LH side of my Scott, no problem. The lockout was over the bar, the reverb under bar. The reverb used the same bracket as the brake, so only the lockout was an extra bracket on the bar.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

How easy would it be to mount the lockout above the bars?

Failing that, is it the reverb lever or button? I actually prefered the button above the bars.

steve_b77
    Free Member

How easy would it be to mount the lockout above the bars?

Failing that, is it the reverb lever or button? I actually prefered the button above the bars.

Don’t want to do the first as I think it looks cluttered and untidy.

It is a button but handed so it’s under the LH side

thepurist

If you’re happy to switch to a cable post the KS LEV standard lever might work – it’s not the best for ergonomics but it’s very neat on the bars & will replace a lock-on grip collar

Yak

2x dropper lever on the L and then just move the lockout levers further inboard so they don’t hit the dropper lever. You need to hit the dropper more than the lockouts. Also if it is a fox push to unlock lever, you want that well away from your hands as they are too easy to go to lock.

BearBack
    Free Member

What bike?

jimdubleyou

Put the left hand under reverb switch on the right side so it’s over. Fits in the gap between shifter and grip.

Had my 2x FS like this for ages…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fitting a dropper lever with minimum bar space’ is closed to new replies.