Fitting 26" wheels on a giant anthem 27.5 frame

Home Forum Bike Forum Fitting 26" wheels on a giant anthem 27.5 frame

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fitting 26" wheels on a giant anthem 27.5 frame
  • Just considering a second wheel set for taking the bike on jumps, bmx track and slightly more enduro based stuff. Will I have issues with a super low bottom bracket if I go to 26inch wheels?

Just thinking about it as there are plenty around for good prices and would be cheaper than having 2 bikes.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

According to Giant it will actually be better

giantx4

26″ wheels are better!!! Sell the overgrown lanky wheels!!

glasgowdan

The anthems really not suited to jumps, too light! Good luck.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Being chased by Josh Carlson Bike Buller Stage 2 by Mike Smith 79, on Flickr

Hmm anthem and jumping after this pic Josh (http://www.joshcarlson.com.au/athlete-bio) passed me saw him throwing the anthem 29 over big gaps and drops in a fairly serious way. Looked solid to me. Most bikes will do much more than their owners.

glasgowdan

If you’ve ridden an anthem you’d understand. Talking about a pro doing it, as well as showing some chart about wheel weights, is completely irrelevant to this thread. The anthem is light and feels flexy and flimsy. It’s steep and racey. Taking it to a BMX park is the last thing I’d want to do with it.

I’d suggest to the OP you buy a second bike. It may cost more but it’ll be better at the job. The anthem would handle enduro if you’re good, but for jumping sessions and bmx stuff I’d get a playful hardtail instead.

cynic-al

What Dan said. Daft idea.

Retrodirect

it’ll be 12mm lower, give or take tyre differences. to much you decide.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fitting 26" wheels on a giant anthem 27.5 frame’ is closed to new replies.