Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Fitness Trackers
  • jimster01

I’m in the market for a new tracker due to my FitBit Alta dying, not sure that the device has died or the app is shonky.

Any road up, what you’re choice off tracker, want to get away from FitBit/Google franchise.

Kryton57

I’d get another Vivosmart 4 in a heartbeat, very good.

footflaps

I use the Polar family – currently have a Vantage watch which does pretty much everything, GPS, sports, sleep tracking, step counting etc.

They have a much cheaper variant now, Ignite, which does exactly the same..

https://www.polar.com/uk-en/products

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    lunge

I’d get another Vivosmart 4 in a heartbeat, very good.

I’d second this, mine does exactly what I need and is also small enough that I can wear a normal watch on my other wrist and not look like a fool. I suspect @kryton57 does the same.

Kryton57

I suspect @kryton57 does the same.

I do – vs4 on my right wrist with the display switched off and a proper watch on my left. It just sits there unobtrusively measuring stuff.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

If you get a VivoActive, turn off the PulseOX measurement. It is hopelessly inaccurate and eats battery.

Mine went from fully charged to dead in 3 hours with it on.
    Fully charged to 58% left in 3 hours with it off.

mogrim

I’ve got a Garmin Fenix which was massively expensive and is almost certainly overkill, but it does do the job. My wife has a Xiaomi band 6, which cost a tenth of my Fenix and does 90% of the same stuff.

Kato

As the boys above. I have a Vivosmart 4 that I use to track steps and sleep as it’s small enough that I can wear it on my right wrist and a proper watch on the left. They’re very good

jam-bo

Fully charged to 58% left in 3 hours with it off.

~8 hrs on a charge?

i thought my apple watch battery consumption was poor.

whatgoesup

I couldn’t be doing with a tracker and a watch, so have gone down the “watch with tracker” approach. Garmin Vivoactive etc works fine but I’ve ended up with Fenix, largely because it’s “smart” enough for office wear.

It’s expensive yes, but it’s a watch, fitness tracker, bike computer, does navigation if needed etc

oikeith

Garmin 945 here, got the tip about PulseOx from the DC Rainmaker review. I would recommend reading the review or watching the vid review by DC Rainmaker before any purchase.

dannybgoode

Love my Fenix 6X Pro. Total overkill for me but I like it a lot and the maps are brilliant. As others have said you can get away with it for smarter wear as well.

If you really want a nice looking watch with things like steps, heart rate etc but without a load of extra gumph then look at the Withings range.

And, as an alternative to Garmin, a lot of people seem to really like Coros however having looked at both very closely and also having a fine history of backing the wrong horse tech-wise I stuck with Garmin on this occasion

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.