Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fitness band sort of PSA…
  • Kryton57

My Garmin Vivosmart 3 band has snapped twice now and the clasp is failing so after 2 rounds of superglue I decided it was time to replace it, with this year’s non-material frugality drive in mind.

Enter the Xiaomi Mi Band 4 with its 20 day life, Amoled screen and bells and whistles for…. £36.   Gets great reviews, worth a look if your after a band, and many 3rd party replaceable bands are available.

jam-bo

New Vivosmart bands start at £2.99.

😉

Kryton57

For the Vivosmart 4 yes.  For the 3, its and all in one moulded design which can’t be replaced without sending tn Garmin and paying about £40, hence the use of superglue in the past.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Can the xiaomi do anything with the data – does it work with samsung health or mapmyride?

Always fancied a HRM but not sooooo bothered about the fitness tracking / steps / calories etc.

Kryton57

It has its own native app, I can’t remember it having GPS but I don’t think so.   My use is for tracking sleep & stress hours and a negative application of smart notifications (I want to glance at a reason for not picking up my phone, rather than interact with a message on my wrist).

https://www.techradar.com/uk/reviews/xiaomi-mi-band-4-review

I’m not lauding it as the best band ever, but a cheap band for basic use which fits my use case.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fitness band sort of PSA…’ is closed to new replies.