Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • FIT4 or Grip?
  • chestrockwell

Hi all. Picked up some of the Fox 36’s from CRC. Turns out they are the Grip damper version rather than the FIT4 as stated. They also have a very minor paint chip on the crown but I’m not too bothered about that.

Seeing as the actual FIT4 forks are now down to a very similar price is it worth the hassle of returning the ones I have and buying the others? Will there be much difference in performance? Another consideration is the ones I have are 140mm which is what I wanted where as the others are 150mm. I’ve seen it mentioned that the Grip are actually as good so any one who has tried both care to comment? Ta.

scruff
    Free Member

My Fit 4 seems very heavy heavily damped, less divey more composed at speed.

chestrockwell

Thanks for the response. Less divey than some Grip you’ve tried?

Coming from Pikes btw.

kelvin

I bought some forks BECAUSE the CR photo and Fox’s info suggested they were Fit Grip 3 pos (with intermediate indexing) rather than Fit4 as claimed. Was pleased when they turned up and CR did have the info wrong and they weren’t Fit4. Keep the Grip, unless the cosmetic damage bothers you.

chestrockwell

Cheers Kelvin. What reason out of interest?

kelvin

Very good experience with Grip (and DBC before that). Can be noisy. Is heavier. Works so well without lots of fiddling and set up. Less to go wrong. For a “just get on and ride” attitude, ideal.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

I bought some too! I thought the ones i have are definitely fit 4 with tge three position lever? What does the grip look like?

Rode them for the first time last week and was really impressed. I did very little setup just adding an extra token taking it to three and moving a click or two from the base settings fox recommend. Running about 10-15 psi above the recommendation mind.

Damping is just leaps and bounds better than the grip on my old 2018 performance 34s.

kelvin

What does the grip look like?

It says GRIP on them.

chestrockwell

Yeah, says Grip on the bottom of the leg. Fit and forget I like!

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

Aye mine are the FIT4. Really good.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

anyone buy the fox36 29er performance boost 140mm (£365 now £399 i think)

what did you get?
    i bought the orange stickered ones and they are definately grip ‘performance’
    other buyers state they are definately fit4

i’m thinking maybe the blue variant are performance elite with fit4, as per the ad

timbo678
    Free Member

I just received some fro wiggle (not CRC) they are FIT4 (27.5, 170mm) oddly they came with no stickers on or a fancy FOX box, just plain black – anyone else?

timbo678
    Free Member

Turns out they were OEM, bit disappointing not to be as per the picture though, feel a bit annoyed, though its immaterial

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

@timbo678 what colour did u order as my orange decals is definately a performance not performance elite

timbo678
    Free Member

Hi, the picture shows the factory float FIT4, its not the internals that concern me, just annoying that its not as per the picture. Anyhoo, its a serious first world problem, just a touch disappointing they don’t advertise what they sell

chestrockwell

Yep, pictures and description are wrong.

Anyway, as a end to this thread for me I’ve just sent the Grip’s back and replaced them with the Performance Elite version that are now £30 less than I paid! Decided it would always bug me if I had the officially inferior forks for a higher price. Thanks for the input.

tbant
    Free Member

For what its worth I purchased the Fox 36 29″ 140mm performance forks with orange stickers from Wiggle and I received ones labeled as performance elite and fitted with the FIT4 damper.

widge34
    Free Member

Well, I ordered the performance elite 34s this morning with FIT4 damper from Wiggle.
    Then I just read this thread. Just hope I get the correct fork now. I had the last one in stock.

kelvin

Sounds like I was lucky to get the Grip version. Pot lock! Bike building later this week.

widge34
    Free Member

Well thankfully my fork arrived today and is what I ordered, the performance elite FIT4. Came in a generic brown box. There is very slight damage to one of the decals, but they are coming off anyway.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘FIT4 or Grip?’ is closed to new replies.