Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • First of the year.
  • Dibbs
    Free Member

Blurry phone pic of new bike leaning against a post on the Quantocks.

hora
    Free Member

I've just been into the City centre and back to have an espresso at Cafe Nero (only one open). -5 and my little finger is still numb!

jedi

off now to meet the others at herts shore and ride the demo hard! 🙂

woooohaaaaa

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I'll be going out later when (hopefully) all the black ice has defrosted Grr..

hora
    Free Member

Jedi/tony- wont the woodwork be covered in frost etc?

Dibbs
    Free Member

Lots of icy puddles on the Quantocks this morning, I'd forgotten just how bad canti brakes are when there's ice around 😕

beej

Just got back, hour and a half on the singlespeed. Lots of icy patches on the roads but beautiful weather.

Everyone else in the house is still asleep after last night.

Spud

On-call until 9am tomorrow so no riding for me!

joolsburger
    Free Member

Went around Surrey Hills on my newly painted and rebuilt Joker.

It was beautiful out there today..

lyons
    Free Member

I want to, but I'm moving today, so a bit busy…

dan98
    Free Member

Yep made it out this morning, what a beauty too, caught the sun rising and reflecting over the frozen lake i pass on my ride!!!
    Beats a hangover thats for sure!!!

jumping_flea
    Free Member

Also been out this morning – I was the only one who held back on the shandies last night and glad I did – Perfect weather sunny and very cold with fast local trails! And I found some new jumps and drops with abit of exploring!!

allyharp

Deciding whether to go out myself here. The ice is mental, all the roads are ice rinks with frozen compacted snow – and I'm not sure the offroad paths will be much better if I even make it that far.

wheelz
    Free Member

A quick blast on the XC bike and then back home for lunch. Perfect

noidea
    Free Member

We had a couple of hours out in the fresh snow to help get rid of the hangover's.

westkipper
    Free Member

Dibbs,Dibbs, pedal reflectors are almost as much as a violation as flats.
    I gave you plenty of warning, I'm picking up the phone now, the cops are on their way! 😀

TN
    Free Member

We had great fun, even though we just stayed local. (West Sheffield) It was freezing but at least we were able to (mostly) stay upright today after a complete failure on Monday. The packed snow actually made one of the downhill sections much easier than usual.

Here's Julian:

And me:

firestarter
    Free Member

i wanted to go out but inbetween nights and had to cook family meal ;-( why did i agree to that lol back in work at 1900hrs and im **** . rest tomorrow day with kids sunday and back out on the bike on mon 😉

hora
    Free Member

mi©k, you could sort your time better if you slashed your fleet down to 4bikes.

oxnop
    Free Member

Me and the GF just got back from the world famous bingley bash (our local ride).

Perfect snowy conditions over moors and not too much ice. Wish I had my camera as the light was "just so" today.

Happy new year everyone!

Karinofnine

Was out in Herts, lovely day. Fell off on ice at Hadham Ford but I don't care.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

I broke two 26×3" innertubes today – before my ride 🙁 – so I couldn't go out on my Jones 🙁 🙁 – took my FSR instead – my god the difference between the two bikes!! I hated the first hour or so on the FSR – it just seemed to suck the life out of my legs, my wrists hate the monkeylight bars, Jones H bars just feel so right.

juiced
    Free Member

had a superb ride at swinley today. Bright sunshine and blue skies.

jedi

hora, i sweep off the frost. just back from an awesome ride 🙂

Alex

Ah missed this thread, wouldn't have started another one. Had an ace ride in the frozen Malverns on my new ST4 with some old riding buddies. Finished with tea and cake. Can't beat that!

adeward
    Free Member

no pics but out last night at 12.30 on my fixie ( the only one with lights) looking for a missing party member
    very slippery and a few strange looks from people

firestarter
    Free Member

if you can find me an ickle used orange blue pig at a decent price or a nice shiney pink 456 then its yours til then im gonna have to keep it mate im afraid

coastkid
    Free Member

i felt warm (-3 on coast!) watching this lot going for the new years day swim!

nutters!!

carlos
    Free Member

-7 according to the car when I set out today, lovely clear crisp ride round marple etc.. As good as watched the moon re-ceed over the Cheshire plain and the sun rise up over Kinder.
    You could clearly see the mast at Rivi and a wind farm to the right of it (not sure of location)lots of detail of Manchester etc. Awesome.
    Shame the cafe at The Roman Lakes was shut though as hadn't had a drink all ride cos it was frozen.

asdfhjkl
    Free Member

Was out in the morning – awesome day for it if not a bit chilly. Only fell on my arse once, which was pretty good considering how icy it is here!

RichPenny
    Free Member

Liking the new use of an old bike. Didn't feel as rough as I thought it would. Not quite so sure if I like fixing punctures or freezing gears (normal winter bike tubeless and alfined).

bullheart
    Free Member

Up and down Holmbury Hill. Great weather, lots of families, SS loveliness…

rOcKeTdOg

cold, unfit and ripped a valve off…..ace!

Stu_N

We didn't bother with bikes.

(photostream)

This is Scalextrics on the side of Harbour Hill in the Pentlands. Rarely less than knee deep, often thigh deep at the top.

Then went for a sledge in the field next to the filter beds at Torduff (well, only had a bivy bag but fun all the same)

alexpalacefan

Futon River Crossing, if you don't like it you can give it to me 😉

A

angryratio
    Free Member

Nice loop through the local stuff, chucked some spare chunky rubber on the commuter. 36 14 really did not feel too hot off road! Did the trick blowing away the cobwebs.

Sandwich

Just a wee skim of snow nice and crisp under wheel here.

Bunnyhop

Like Fat Elvis, we didn't bother with bikes.

jedi

1st day of the year and the demo9 is home

Dibbs
    Free Member

Pedal reflectors now removed 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘First of the year.’ is closed to new replies.