Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fisher Reverb Service
  • citizeninsane
    Free Member

Reverb needs a service and is out of warranty. I remember reading a few threads on here where people have gotten a full service from Fishers for about £40. Sounds a bit bargainous to me. Anyone know if this is the case?

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Also interested to know.

pbooker1995
    Free Member

Usually a service is £75 inc VAT and Shipping. Generally though, if a LBS sends it back for a “service” with an issue like it dropping in its travel, they will usually just give you a brand new one even if its out of warranty.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

What’s up with it? If there’s back and forward play, then you need a new top cap assembly inc bushes – about £20 from Bike Discount DE and an easy job to replace – if it’s more serious than that, try a warranty as suggested above.

takisawa2

Can I poke my nose in…how much play is normal ?

citizeninsane
    Free Member

It’s sinking about an inch and a half when you sit on it, so will need a full service. Well out of warranty and it’s already been serviced once, so don’t really want to shell out another £75. Was looking at doing it myself, but seems a bit too involved.

kimbers

My mates cost a lot more than 40 quid for fisher to service/repair, not sure what the fault was , but I think he just ended up getting a new one from germany

theocb
    Free Member

Southcoast Suspension fixed one for a mate for less than £50 but I think there servicing price is dependant on what needs doing. Flotech also offer a cheap reverb service but don’t know anything about them.

Not sure on the Fisher service thing but worth asking by the sounds of things.

citizeninsane
    Free Member

Their site is down for maintenance atm, so will check back tomorrow to get the service email address.
    Had mixed reports about Flotec. Prob more good than bad and they do a full service for £50, so I’ve heard.

I’m of the opinion that it’s worth getting done once, then just buying a new post when it needs done again. Only paid £130 for it when CRC had them mega cheap, so is a bit annoying to have to shell out more than half that just for a service. Can’t really afford a new one right now (spent my pocket money on new wheels for the hardtail) otherwise I’d just do that.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fisher Reverb Service’ is closed to new replies.