Fish and Chips

Home Forum Chat Forum Fish and Chips

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Fish and Chips
  • winston_dog

Fish and chips must be cooked in beef dripping. Veg oil is just southern rubbish.

I also find that they are slightly more digestible when cooked in dead cow.

Rick Stein always uses beef dripping.

The Fopster

Magpie Cafe in Whitby. Best F&C I have had by a bewilderingly large margin. Accept no substitutes.

Having opened that can of worms I’m off to clean bike after last night’s ride. Have fun…

magpie was OK when I went, but no better than the waterside in North shields. The best I’ve had is Colmans in South shields. Incredibly good!!!

Premier Icon maccruiskeen

Pretty sure fish and chips is a French derived dish

As said above its a Jewish dish – but its Fish and Chip Shops that are a british thing.

I’ve tasted hundreds of different offerings inc all the ones that warton mentions – all very nice indeed
    There’s dozens places all up the NE coast from the Humber to the Tyne that serve outstanding food

I reckon they’re all trumped by the Skyliner though.
    Travelling North on the M1 on a cold, dark evening, it’s hard to drive straight past Jcn 46 🙂

I find it hard to contemplate moving away from where I live as Two Steps is just down the road.

This thread prompted me to pay a visit last night, ended up with an extra bit of fish for nowt. Result!

Premier Icon al2000

Two Steps in Sheffield?

Very, very good.

Premier Icon colournoise

Vegas Fish Bar, Hunstanton. Always stop there for tea when we take the dogs to Wells-next-the-Sea beach.

Pretty much the only good thing about the godforsaken place.

slainte 8) rob

Greasy fish n chips is shit. Find a proper chippy and you’re well in.

This one in New Addiscombe rocks.

Premier Icon leffeboy

You are of course all wrong. The second best thing that landoleffe does is chips. Why fry something once when you can fry it twice

A land with 5 sorts of leffe, chips and no government – what’s not to like

There is a really good fish and chip shop in Bloomsbury, does a real selection, had skate before.,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&biw=1269&bih=855&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=fish+and+chip+shop+bloomsbury&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=fish+and+chip+shop+bloomsbury&ei=vqy1TuvHMcXl8QOQmcyHBQ&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&sqi=2&ved=0CAUQtgM

Two Steps in Sheffield?

Very, very good

Yes, yes it is

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Fish and Chips’ is closed to new replies.