- First World Problems thread
Some of you may be familiar with the concept of “first world problems” or have seen the #firstworldproblems tag on Twitter. These are the problems that are so petty that if they’re all that you have to complain about in life when billions of people are eating badly, drinking bad water or otherwise missing out on basic needs, then you must be pretty lucky.
But I think there should be a place for privileged douchebags with a sense of entitlement like me to carp and whinge about insignificant nonsense, so here goes:
– sometimes when I buy a takeaway coffee with a plastic lid, the tiny ventilation hole isn’t big enough so I have to practically suck the coffee out through the drinking aperture (?) and it hurts my cheeks a little
– sometimes when I buy a croissant, the people making it toast it without asking me and I really hate that because it makes it very greasy, but I can’t bring myself to tell them to give me an untoasted one
– there’s an office cleaner who comes around at 8pm every night (while I am still working) and she insists on throwing the bottle bins around at a height and it’s really noisy and it puts me off
– sometimes the business support people in my office don’t treat my core business needs as more important than the requests of business support people
What are your problems?Posted 6 years agoCaptainFlashheartMember
The gimp I keep tied up in the basement has started to make a lot of noise recently.
A lifetime ban from STW can be so upsetting, can’t it?
As to my current problem, I need to nip to the shops for some more spray on waterproofer for my spare ski gloves. I’ve somehow run out.Posted 6 years ago
– sometimes when i go to put petrol in the car i clean the windscreen with the squeegees that they have but i only realise after i get back in that i haven’t squeegeed properly and so it’s worse than it was, and i get really upset
– sometimes when i buy coffee people who come after me swoop in and steal my drink because it’s the same as their order, and then i have to to wait until their order is ready because i am too embarrassed to tell them they stole my drink
Posted 6 years agopeterfileMember
my housekeeper never hoovers/mops behind doors that are wedged open, despite me having subtly pointed this out to her by saying “could you make sure you clean behind open doors, i’ve noticed they’re still a bit dirty, particularly in the bathrooms”.
i’m at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn
🙂Posted 6 years agomolgripsSubscriber
sometimes when I buy a takeaway coffee with a plastic lid, the tiny ventilation hole isn’t big enough so I have to practically suck the coffee out through the drinking aperture (?) and it hurts my cheeks a little
Poke it a bit with a biro.. come on.
Emsz.. don’t talk about your tights please… I don’t think I can handle it 🙂Posted 6 years agoGrahamSSubscriber
You all may enjoy: White Whine – A collection Of First World ProblemsPosted 6 years ago
The topic ‘First World Problems thread’ is closed to new replies.