Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • First tubeless flat in over 2 years…
  • M6TTF
    Free Member

Typically it was also my first solo night outing last night – pumped it back up and carried on. Had to repeat 10 mins layer and then agin 10 mins after that. Stayed up on the third time of asking. Tyre is quite old and worn now so was pushing my luck to be honest. Still wouldn’t go back to tubed.

And how ace is solo night riding! Spooked myself a little in the forest when I met a deer though – glowing eyes!

zippykona

What tyre and sealant?

M6TTF
    Free Member

A bonty mud x tlr and stans. The side walls are pretty scuffed up from rocks and there’s a fairly deep gash in the tread

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

I have stitched a tyre mid tread before after supergluing and did another 18 months on that with no problems. In 4 years of tubeless I have had only 3 punctures. That one and another flint slice ( which was glued and patched and fine again ) and one tyre which I was pushing its life and had to be binned.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Just been in the garage and its flat – found the issue, sidewall sliced – quite impressed how well it sealed to get me home actually, time for a new tyre

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘First tubeless flat in over 2 years…’ is closed to new replies.